• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bucket Seat questions

Hey guys

I'm looking at some bucket seats which i've wanted for a while, but as I have never owned a pair of buckets I have no idea on what is needed for mounting or if you can have them on sliders and if they are car specific?

I'm currently looking at either the Sparco Sprints or the Cobra Monaco sports, now I'm not the tallest person in the world at a measly 5ft 7 so my legs aren't the longest (third leg seems to do the job though) so i'm just wondering what mounts are needed and if you can get sliders so I don't lose the ability to adjust my seat forward or back, also how low do they sit as I don't want to be below the steering wheel :D.

Any info on this would be great as I really wanna get the car sorted in the next 2 weeks while I'm not using it

thanks in advance

Bucket seats will have car specific mounts for them. But I think most of them are fixed so you wouldn't have the sliding.

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

i thought most were fixed for the obvious reasons, how adjustable are the fixed mounts? guessing they have multiple mounting positions?

Ah sweet, so i'm guessing that the side mounts just bolt to the sliding seat rails?

The rails come with the side mount part to bolt straight into the seat. You'll just need the rails, seat and some bolts.

Sweet that will do me, i'll pop up to tweeks this weekend and get some, I know tweeks give the side mounts away with most seats at the min to, just going to struggle to get harnesses with my sons car seat being there haha

How are you planning on having the harnesses?

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

Eventually yeah, I can fit the drivers side just not the passengers due to my son sitting there

You will need either generic side mounts and an adaptor frame for the mounting points, or direct fit sliding rails. I would avoid fixed side mounts and adaptors, been there done that, it's awful. Buddyclub do direct fit rails for £150, they're superb. I wouldn't get cheap rails, if they fail in a crash then it's pretty much game over.

Budyclub seats and rail in my old EP3.

Back