• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddy Club Spec IV + Header?

G

A veritable chap
Just wondering if anyone is running a Pro Spec IV with a decat/race header. So I can get a rough Idea how loud it is.

I need to change exhaust soon to a 'slightly' quieter one I can commute everyday in, without having to run a bung. Also will be running with a JRSC so needs to be fairly free flowing still. May be asking much but you never now :D

So far top of the list is Toda, and the B/C.

No, Top Gear 'Tanabe Style' still, good freeflowing sustem tbh, just a 'tad' loud atm. Was not so bad when I had to drive 10 mins to work, now its nearly an hour :shock:

Do you mean a Pro Spec, or a Spec IV?

I've had a Spec IV on a DC5 with a Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 (ie no cat) and it was pretty loud. The Spoon 2-1 was cracked at the flex pipe which wasn't helping, but there was still a lot of noise coming out of the back. I thought the Spec IV was just about right with the OEM manifold & cat still in, but the decat made it too loud imho.

I've got a full Toda setup now and the noise level is just about perfect for me. I like a bit more noise than standard, but I don't like attracting attention.

HTH?

Thanks m8, I think that is what I wanted to know. I did worry that the BC may be louder. I will add that I was looking at the slightly quieter Pro Spec system.

Still I have heard the toda on TP's n/a car and it seemed ok.

I thought the Pro Spec had replaced the Spec III and was louder than the Spec IV?

Anyway, I think what you need to know is that the Spec IV is a LOT louder than the Toda, so if you're going decat and are after something reasonably quiet then it's probably not for you.

The DC Sports is one to consider fella.

Free flowing enough to be on Guys turbo'd CTR and not too loud either. 8)

I can still chat and have 5 live on the radio at volume "10" without exhaust problems. :D

G said:
Thanks m8, I think that is what I wanted to know. I did worry that the BC may be louder. I will add that I was looking at the slightly quieter Pro Spec system.

Still I have heard the toda on TP's n/a car and it seemed ok.

The Pro-Spec is louder than the Spec IV, but the Spec III is louder than all of them.

DC like Carl says, or the other two quiet systems I can think of are either the Toda or the Mugen Twin loop.

Not really feeling the DC system tbh Carl. The 'Pro Spec' is the system made for the USA market at the request of B/C USA, as I understand it. As they have more stringent noise and emissions requirements than Japan (and AFAIK here). The Pro Spec is quieter on the whole then the equivalent regular B/C system from Japan.

I have heard the Toda de-cat and know it is fine (as long as there are no-more instances of welds splitting :shock:

I was just wondering what the Pro Spec IV was like. Sounds like it is louder, but may still be quieter than the system I have now which is very loud :shock: certainly on a par with the Spec III.

The toda with the split weld may just be a one off. It was one of the earlier ones and lets be honest nothing is 100% flawless.... not even TODA :lol:

dotty said:
The toda with the split weld may just be a one off. It was one of the earlier ones and lets be honest nothing is 100% flawless.... not even TODA :lol:

Tru Dat m8 :D

Back