• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

buddyclub/hks

hey guys

im looking at a hks exhaust but just read that they can rust so my other option is the buddyclub pro spec 3 ive read that it is really loud is anyone running one and could any give me advice on how loud and if they are any good?

thanks

I have one and a stripped interior. for the first 2 weeks it was loud but i'm now used to it (or i've gone def lol) and it is very easy to live with. The only bit I don't like is at about 5-5.5k the noise is rediculous so cornering at speadd can sometimes be a bit loud but to be honest it's all part of the fun. Make sure you get the silencer else you will not pass track noise limits as I have found.
Sound wise it is very burbly low down but turns into a gorgeous rasp as you go through the revs and you get a few pops and gurgles on high rpm gear change which I love. Everyone who hears it says that it is immense and on a recent tunnel run I managed to drown out 6 skylines and promptly got shouted at lol.
Hope this helps I do have a couple of short vids if you would like an idea of the sound.

hey guys

im looking at a hks exhaust but just read that they can rust so my other option is the buddyclub pro spec 3 ive read that it is really loud is anyone running one and could any give me advice on how loud and if they are any good?

thanks

BC Pro Spec isn't the same as BC Spec 3. They are different exhausts, the Spec III is louder and lighter (because it has less silencing) and the angle of the tail pipe is different on the Spec III it's not straight out of the back like a Pro Spec is. The Pro spec is probably better for road use as that's more what it was developed for.

thanks guys for the information its been a big help one more thing is the tail pipe big does any know the size of the buddy club
thanks

Fairly big :)

2009-04-05_13-21-02_05042009994.jpg

You can get a the majority of your hand in the prospec. I strangely had a go when i was putting the bung in.

ive listened to a lot of buddy club exhausts on youtube and they are loud due to the after market manifold what is the sound like just as a cat back exhaust with standard manifold with induction?

thanks

mine is as close to standard as you will get, I only have the sports cat on, the diameter of the pipe etc is the same as standard just a bit more free flowing. With a standard induction kit it would be quiter in the cabin than my video as most of the sound comes from the induction kit. outside would be the same.

I don't have readings but it went a bit like this

DCRH + Prospec W/O bung - Seriously loud
DCRH + Prospec with bung - Still very loud exhaust tone smoothes out the quicker you go
Standard + Prospec W/O bung - Still quite loud but easily tamed.
Standard + Prospec Wit bung which i currently have. Perfect for me apart from the rattling it does and the baffles are giving up. Never driven a standard ctr so not sure what it sounds like to compare.

Back