• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddyclub spec III cams

Im getting a set of these tomorrow,
Does anyone have them fitted? and if so whats your views on them.

P.s for ep3;)

Pretty sure the stock ECU won't run aftermarket cams properly, if at all.

I think what Chris was getting at, is that you'll need k100/kpro to run them.

Unless they are some wizardy creation designed for stock ECU but I doubt it.

Yeah as John says, you need a K100/KPro for them to work. Plus, pointless fitting them if you don't have intake, mani and exhaust changed as the cams will be hampered by the stock items.

I have exhaust and intake just no kpro YET. Im getting yhem for cheap so ** just get them and put them aside for now..
Cheers lads.

Ps very suprised they wont run atall without the kpro but

Just talking to the fella im getting them off, and he said he had it running on standard ecu??

Just talking to the fella im getting them off, and he said he had it running on standard ecu??

Every thread I've looked at on a quick google the cams were on cars with I/H/E with a remap of one variety or another.

I'm just very surprised the ECU would run the cams, as SicklyPilot says, it won't adapt to the cams.

I have read found the following:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SPEC II designed for fast road and competition.
SPEC III designed for pure competition.( specicxally for high Rev.and high power engine )
[/FONT]

Cam | Duration | Valve Lift | Valve Clearance
Intake | 300 | 13mm | 0.008
Exhaust | 295 | 11.8mm | 0.01
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Up to you if you want to risk fitting them without K100/Kpro. I wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
you going to be running different springs, retainers, and possibly valves, seeing as these are such high lift competition cams?

ps, dont run the risk of running them on the stock ecu, it will run like a dog, and timing will be all over the shop. dont want to do any internal damage because of impatience.

Im starting to think there not what the seller says they are. He says they run fine in his car for the last 3 months, i do understand what you's are saying and it makes sence.
It should run like a pig with such a high lift.
I might just pass on them to save any heart ake

Google + BuddyClub Spec III Cams =

K20 CAMSHAFTS SPEC
SPEC I designed for fast road.
SPEC II designed for fast road and competition.
SPEC III designed for pure competition. (specifically for high Rev and high power engines)

I would suggest you spend time looking at what you're buying and don't be so damn lazy!

Back