• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddyclub spec III

Since fitting this there has been a rattle, which im hoping could be from the following:

1. There is only 1 retainer spring at the moment as the other one was rusted to fcuk - Im getting new ones asap.

2. The bush is miles too small apparently for fitting so we currently have the back box cable tied. It seems very secure and is not hittng the bumper.

3. The exhuast came off a pre facelift but the guy had similar problems so I take it cos mines is a facelift is not the cause of the bush trouble?

Also on another note I have put a dent in the b pipe larger than the standed dents people seem to get but it shouldnt effect the gas flow etc, but can it be pulled out in anyway?

Cheers for any replys

you wont need the retaining springs as they will on ratter like hell.

if fitted properly, the connecting pipe will not work loose.

if it still rattles, it could be the baffles or loose heat sheild.

but wtf you wont hear much rattle about the BC III noise !!

Could be a baffle broken free in on the silencer boxes?

dont be silly spec III doesn't have silencer boxes :lol:

mine rattled when one of the springs was hanging down or it could be some crap in the back box (i had a stone in mine)

i would suggest either going to driftwors or deamon thieves and getting some longer poly exhaust hangers like this

ExhaustHangerMulti.jpg

link is http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/uprated-exhaust-hanger-long.html

this will allow you to adjust the height of which your exhaust sits you'll only need 2 i think.

When I had one on my CTR the rear hanger caught against something under the car causing a knocking/rattling noise that drove me bonkers. I had the hanger bent slightly to stop it from happening in the end.

When I had one on my CTR the rear hanger caught against something under the car causing a knocking/rattling noise that drove me bonkers. I had the hanger bent slightly to stop it from happening in the end.

that'll be the suspension bar that the exhaust goes over.

i remember mine doing something like that as well. you can rotate the back box section to clear it enough so that it stops it hitting

Thanks for that link colin! :D

no probs.

if you wanted to go the whole nine yards then i'd get 2 of them and some uprated standard ones and do the whole exhaust system.

it'll keep the whole exhaust system ridged enough to stop it moving about but flexable enough to not crack the exhaust mani.

ive always upgraded the hangers on my systems and it makes a bit of difference by stopping the exhaust slapping the underside of the car which can happen when throwing it about a bit

Yeah, mine is fooking me off as it rattles when I set off in first and higher up in the revs' :(

It hangs low under the LCA aswel, so I have to be careful. I hope these help in some way but It may be my heat shield so i'll check that too when it's not so wet out! :lol:

Cheers for the advice lads, especially the link.

Im hoping its not a baffle the exhaust only had done about 4k before I got it and it doesnt do it all the time which makes me think (hope) that its not a baffle.

Then again when I gun it I dont hear it then as my ears are bleeding by the time the gruppe m kicks in :twisted:

Cheers for the advice lads, especially the link.

Im hoping its not a baffle the exhaust only had done about 4k before I got it and it doesnt do it all the time which makes me think (hope) that its not a baffle.

Then again when I gun it I dont hear it then as my ears are bleeding by the time the gruppe m kicks in :twisted:

tbh i wouldn't worry about it.

makes you sound like all the M3's ive seen as there baffles seem to drop at the sign of the engine turning on

when I heard it, the noise sounded like a small stone or something like that in the exhaust, not loud enough a rattle to be a baffle imo.

when I heard it, the noise sounded like a small stone or something like that in the exhaust, not loud enough a rattle to be a baffle imo.

Thats what I like to hear, we can take it off anyway when fixing the thread and see what the score is :D

Back