• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Budget Tuning

Hello People :),

Due to using the search function, i found various threads similar but didn't answer all my questions so.....

I am interested in modifying my EP3 - Prefacelift for track use while being my daily.

I was thinking engine mods - M2 Intake manifold - Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold - K100 + Map - Sports Cat - Spoon Back Box - Silenced B Pipe.
What figure would i be looking at for BHP and torque for those mods ? Is it worth getting a Skunk2 70mm Throttle body ? Is it worth selling my Spoon N1 Back box and getting and unsilenced pipe with standard backbox for more gains ? I need to keep it quite quiet due to the area i live in.

Any personal recommendations over the chooses ive made if you think im wasting my money in the wrong engine mods ?
Any point of purchasing a fuel rail as NA ? I would like to get a CPL or skunk2 one to increase the aethetics of the bay but didn't know if it had any practical use ?

Cheers for your help if you can :)

Has any of the suspension been modified? I'd start there first personally.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

To fit a sports car you'll have to do some modification to the exhaust you're planning on using.
What air intake filter you going to be using?

just to update. I have already sorted out what Suspension set up i am doing with various other things for handling including LSD. I just wanted to know personal recommendations on Exhaust/engine mods + what brakes. I have got a Tegiwa M Induction kit at the moment.

got similar set up to that myself your make around 240-245bhp 170lb depending what dyno your on, don't bother with sports cat the japspeed 4-2-1 is decat manifold and wouldn't bother with 70mm tb won't add any power with your set up, cat back won't make much difference as long as the middle pipe is 2.5 or 3 inch bore your be fine, back box won't really effect power at all just sound, oem fuel rail is the best although not the prettiest they are just for show

Anyone got a recommendation on Mid pipe ? to go with japspeed and to keep noise down a bit

M2 silenced mid pipe good qaulity and price, also sounds alright with oem backbox with you want to keep the noise down

Back