• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bulb change FN2 2010

I'm starting to think I'm being thick here, I can't find any guides on here, google or youtube for this which suggests to me that no-ones asks this because it's a simple job (or it's impossible and requires the dealer to it (per the advice of the manual))

How do I change the front, drivers side, indicator bulb exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unclip the wheel arch lining and get up in from there. 10 minute job.

Sorry, but how do i remove the clips holding in trim? I've been prying at one for about 3 minutes now and it won't come out...

Its there a trick? When i had a Clio you had to turn them half a turn pull out the middle then you could pull them out.

These seem to be a 2 part clip but attempting to pry open the sides had snapped half of the top off.

There are two screwdriver sized slots at either side, you prise the inner bit out from there.

They look like this when open and can pull out.

41I1x2LftLL._SY450_.jpg

O-hai, found a vid:

[video=youtube;epGZhY9MoXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGZhY9MoXI[/video]

Careful though because if you are too ham fisted you will break the tops off the clips.

Cheers, I found that vid too.

I've got the trim all off now... what a pain but I'm confronted with all sorts of stuff in the way;

20160430_131216.jpg

20160430_131101.jpg

I can just see the tip of a yellow thing, when i wiggle it the bulb moves in the headlight but i can't feel how to pull it out.. :'(

Any ideas? I guess those washer reservoirs are because of the HIDs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

You turn the bulb connector, I'm assuming anti-clockwise, half a turn and the connector/holder comes out with the bulb.

I gave up and re-assembled it. I'll try again next Saturday, lol.

Cheers for your help.

Although it appears halfrauds fit bulbs for £7... Might just avoid the stress and pop in there.

Back