• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

If they are 4100K HID then you won't get much better. Almost all HID systems in cars run at around 35W, its how the headlight unit makes use of the available light that counts. A projector unit is normally much better than a reflector housing as you don't loose much light to glare.

6000K will give you less light than 4100K and certainly less throw.

Have you checked the beam pattern and whether they are pointing too low?

thanks for that.

they are pointing a bit low tbh. the beam doesnt seem to go far enough. i dont have a switch inside the vehicle to change direction. is there any other way to do it manually?

thanks for that.

they are pointing a bit low tbh. the beam doesnt seem to go far enough. i dont have a switch inside the vehicle to change direction. is there any other way to do it manually?

If you open your bonnet, there should be 2 adjusting screws per headlight. On the EP3 CTR these are white plastic screws and are adjusted using an allen key. One of the screws adjusts the horizontal angle, the other the vertical. Park your car up against a wall/garage door with the headlights on, and adjust the vertical adjustment screw until they're at the correct height.

they are pointing a bit low tbh. the beam doesnt seem to go far enough.
Is the car lowered? I seem to remember that mine was fine with standard suspension but nowhere near as good after I'd lowered it. Probably something you can sort out manually with the beam adjusters.

the car is lowered as standard (i havnt lowered it myself).

i did look under the bonnet but could not see any white screws. i know what you mean though, i had them on my previous civic. everything seems to be covered and the headlights are really hard to get to.

its worth mentioning that the lights are self levelling. does this mean it wont have manual adjusting screws?

i am thinking of upgrading all the bulbs so i will have another long hard look.

I don't know for certain as I haven't had a close look at mine. I find it difficult to believe that there's no adjustment there at all though? :?

Back