• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Buying 07' Plate GT from Honda Dealership

Hey people,

I am extremely excited to finally be of the age of a reasonable insurance rate on a type-r, but have a few things I would like to check with you guys before I go and plunge into something.
I test drove a FN2 the other day and fell in love with the car, so am in the process of buying one.

My local Honda Garage has found a 07' Plate in Deep Bronze (the colour I like most) with roughly 47,000 miles on the clock (registered May 07, Reg is WM07).

Obviously I know I could go private and get more car for my money but I do like the idea of having the 12 month warranty in case the previous owners have not ironed out the teething issues (although at this mileage I'm sure it should have been done). I know for a fact the car has had brand new disks fitted since Honda got it in the garage but until next week I know not a lot more than this.

The value of the car is £9995 and I would like to know if this is an unreasonable price or not? For this price what should I be making sure of / what should I have included?

Thanks for your help,

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a lot of money for the age and mileage. I'd have put it more at £9k being a main dealer.

I would need to have all the options on it for that i.e. Nav and HFT, Rage alloys, Ambeint footwell lighting, GP pack etc etc.

Well I don't believe it has any of them extra on it...., hmmm, would it be worth my trying to get them down to 9500, throw in a years car tax and a 50k service? Or would you just go elsewhere at that price?

Yes mate it is that one, There do seem to be better cars for the money,

I've noticed this one coming up http://usedcars.honda.co.uk/Civic-T...19865-602365611-1932308.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_ which I could use as a bargaining tool.
Wondering whether to ring them up in advance and say I want it for £9000 or don't bother... as they are fetching it from Avondale to bring it 80 miles up to where I live. Or maybe I'll let them fetch it then suggest the price...

Tell them you think it is overpriced. You like the colour but that is the only reason you are not going straight somewhere else and then ask what they can do.

You've seen the Bronze one in the for sale section here haven't you?

Just had a look at it, not really my thing.
I'll give them a call tomorrow morning, got a £500 refundable deposit down on it to get it up here. Suppose they would appreciate it more if I tell them in advance.

Thanks for your help on this, I'll keep you informed!

Thanks for your recommendations I got out of that one. Should get my deposit back but will see in next few days.

I am just looking at some Milano Red now on the honda website.
Quick question, is there two revisions of milano red as it looks like there is a metallic milano red and a solid milano red?? Solid looking like the better of the two.

Thanks again,
Jamie

What is it about the one for sale on here that you don't like out of interest?

The wheels are an easy fix and the bits on the bumper come off. It's always a good idea when possible to buy a car you can be sure of the history of - he has a build thread on civinfo you can have a look through.

I'm not working on comission BTW, it would just would be a shame if you missed out on a car where you get a lot for your money because of something small like the wheel colour.

I applaud you for coming on here and doing your research before rushing into buying either way, wish I'd done the same.

Good luck with whatever you go for!

Only one Milano red.

Colours in the FN2 are Deep Bronze Pearl, Milano Red, Alabaster Silver, Night Hawk Black, then Championship White (limited run with LSD, hids), 2009 facelift NHB replaced by Crystal Black Pearl, Deep Sapphire Blue introduced, Deep Bronze Pearl dropped. Champ White brought back for Mugen 200/20 in 2010.

Right got a few cars to barter on, Looks like I'm going Milano Red and its likely to be a 2008 model.

The main thing I'm concerned about looking crap is the headlights, are these easy to upgrade to HID?? I saw the other post so I got an idea of price.
Not really bothered about the Ipod kit etc, and cant think of anything else I'll miss off of a facelift version.

Cheers,
Jamie

Haha, very nice work. Bearing in mind I'm not the handiest of people, what's my second alternative to HID's?

Hmmm, do they look like 10x better than the standard honda ones???? as I may just do that and save myself £750 on a car, as thats the difference roughly between an 09 and an 08

Hmmm, do they look like 10x better than the standard honda ones???? as I may just do that and save myself £750 on a car, as thats the difference roughly between an 09 and an 08

Picture of before and after with the HIDs when I had them fitted.

Beforeandafter.jpg

I don't have any ones with the uprated halogen ones that show them off really. This is probably one of the better ones.

Sdc12565.jpg

The facelifted FN2 with HIDs also gets the USB connection as standard. ;)

To be honest, them bulbs at the bottom will do me fine, I'll look them up in the next month.

Ordered my type-r on Saturday =), Just beat somebody to it by about 5 minutes.
Can't wait till next saturday!!!

NewCivicTypeR1.jpg

There she is =D with my shoddy photoshopping ha! Temp pic anyway =)

Good choice on colour :) Will be looking at these bulbs too as with the new laws regarding HID stuff, I don't think I can be arsed come MOT time

Just on a slightly off topic, Petrol, what's the general view among the majority of people... Is it worth spending the extra cash for BP Ultimate or something compared to ASDA or Sainsburys Unleaded?
With this being my first performance car I don't really know (1.3 Fiesta followed by a 1.4 Golf).

Thanks Again

Back