• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Buying a high mileage FN2 type-r .. bad idea?

Hi All,

On the hunt for a type-r, seen a few high mileage ones and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether its a bad idea? particularly looking at one with 80k on it, 2007 56reg. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jock

personally i would say its all down to service history if its got lots of stamps and preferably main dealer and valve clearances done thyen shouldnt be a problem honda engines are known for reliability as long as they are looked after

personally i would say its all down to service history if its got lots of stamps and preferably main dealer and valve clearances done thyen shouldnt be a problem honda engines are known for reliability as long as they are looked after

Spot on

Me personally would not buy 1 with high mileage as yeah we know honda engines are bulletproof, but after a certain amount of mileage things like bushes, shocks, clutches, braks, track rod ends etc all get general wear an tear on them, so make sure the car has had a proper checking over and you get it nice and cheap

This would not bother me, mileage means nothing really these days on modern engines, especially hondas, as long as the history is good and there is plenty or receipts

As above as long as it serviced I would jump aboard. Could all be motorway miles as well so.

Back