• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

buying a k100

when you buy a k100 or kpro do u buy the ecu then take ti to the garage then they will create your map? or do you get a map with the peice of kit? becasue the guy iam dealing with has said it may be cheaper for me to buy the k100 and get wherever i buy it from to supply a map for it aswel... so iam confussed abit can some one shed some light on this for me on how to go about this whole remap malarky

much thanked!

You have to get it fitted to your ecu by an authorised hondata retailer, then you get the map done after. Around 700 quid all in. Theres no cheap way around it.

okay thanks hazz, iam currently running a teg M with spoon N1 and sportex racetube what would i be expecting in gains from a k110 map with that set up? also what is the advantages of a k100 remap? can anyone explain this to me.

cheers dudess

230 BHP and 165 lb/ft I would estimate.

You will see a circa 50BHP increase at 5000 RPM. It'll make it feel much more lively and it'll also be more driveable on track because you won't have to work so hard to keep it on the boil.

diamond hazz top man!! cheers for that! iam thinking of going for an RBC and a dc sports race header what one you reccommend i go for first?

I would save and fit them at the same time then map to save costs on mapping. Iirc a k100 needs a whole new map each time whereas the kpro can be tweaked.

oh yeah it will all be done at the same time.. iam currently looking a MOT station that will pass me with a de-cat before i go any further though. NIGHTMERE!! i wanna get up too the 250bhp region... what will you say is needed to get there from what ive already got? you think an RBC and new header with k100 will do it? are you saying if i go for a kpro i can map it then just take it for a tweak if i fit things after? because that might be worth going for instead as iam not too sure how far iam going to go with this car just yet!!

250 is high for just intake and exhaust mods. The guys on here will be able to give you a better idea.

Think if you want 250bhp could try some cams like dc5 cams or the tdi cams they get some good gains. I got 245.5bhp and I have dc5 cams, RBC, cai, japspeed 4 2 1, spoon bpipe, and oem backbox would probably get 250bhp with a catback rather than the oem backbox but I don't like it being too loud. If you get a kpro and then tweak it I think tdi charge by the hour if you get mapped there to start with.

Only reason I got the cams was I got them for £250 2nd hand and I knew I was putting the car in for timing chain etc and an rbc at the time so didn't cost me extra to get them in anyway. If you can get good 2nd hand cams and get all the stuff fitted at once it isn't that bad, it is a lot of money but worth it all in the end lol.

Back