• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying an AEM V2?!

As some may know i've been asking few questions over the last month or so about induction kits and well i REALLY want to get one (especially after i heard the other half's brother's ST170 with a Typhoon kit on.......the sound :twisted: ). I have pretty much settled on the AEM V2 kit after alot of umming & arring.

The reasons being that despite what others have said about NOT having probs with the CAI, the risk of hydrolocking yadda yadda yadda i don't want to even take the smallest of risk (i cant afford to).

And the old chestnut of money, i'm not exactly flush at the mo or at any other time so the Gruppe M, ITG Maxogen etc are out of the question.

I've been doing searches but can't seem to find much info/prices, so where can anyone suggest where i try or better still know where is the cheapest place to get one from or if anyone is selling one???

Stevie at Unit 8, ABP motorsport and Sumo Power are normally the best places to get these from new mate :)

HASNIC said:
Stevie at Unit 8, ABP motorsport and Sumo Power are normally the best places to get these from new mate :)

Ah ha, Mr Hasnic, i was hoping you'd spot this post as you usually manage to help me out.

Cheers Bud :wink: :D :D

Also PM Darren (kei-racer) as he has just changed his AEM-V2 for an ITG, and he may be looking to sell the AEM. Knowing him, it will be in excellent condition as well :wink:

Gunn79 Cheers buddy will do that

Anyone Ok now i'm a bit confused again :? What the difference between what appears to be a AEM V2 Cold Air Intake Kit and a AEM Short Ram Intake Kit??

monkey boy kev said:
Anyone Ok now i'm a bit confused again :? What the difference between what appears to be a AEM V2 Cold Air Intake Kit and a AEM Short Ram Intake Kit??

Iirc the short ram sits where the OEM airbox sits (Pants cos it'll suck hot air from the engine bay) & the V2 goes to the passenger wheel arch & draws air from there.

I'm sure someone will abuse me if I'm wrong :lol:

Kev

the V2 isnt a CAI it sits in the engine bay

The CAI sits in your bumper and alot of us say its called a V1 but its not

V2
image044.jpg

CAI
aem_cai3.jpg

and fitted
aem_cai2.jpg

It just so happens to be I have a cai going soon when I receive my rubber tube from Dotty for the standard airbox

SpaceMonkey said:
monkey boy kev said:

Iirc the short ram sits where the OEM airbox sits (Pants cos it'll suck hot air from the engine bay) & the V2 goes to the passenger wheel arch & draws air from there.

Close Lee but the V2 is the short one :lol: I know owners try and get heatshields and air feed pipes to help theirs

zeffania said:
SpaceMonkey said:
monkey boy kev said:

Close Lee but the V2 is the short one :lol: I know owners try and get heatshields and air feed pipes to help theirs

Cheers Ben :wink:

The short one is dog shiz, nuff said :wink:

Cheers for all the info and help guys.

The reason i asked about the difference between the V2 and short ram kit is becasue afterlooking on the unit-8 web site there is 2 (top and bottom ones)

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0...OP= &PN=EP3_Cold_Air_Feed_kits.html#a368#a368

From reading bits and pieces i thought the V2 is the one in your pic Zeff, but looking at Unit-8's web they call that the Short ram kit and the V2 looks like it's the one you all call the CAI/V1.

I hope that all makes sense :? :? :? so someone can advise me further

The picture for the V2 on Unit 8's site isn't for the EP3, thats where the confusion is coming from :wink:

monkey boy kev - Here is a guide to installing the AEM V2, made by a mate when he fitted his AEM v2, complete with comedy pics. :D

1. Buy Honda Civic EP3
2. Buy AEM Induction Kit, said kit was supplied from G Motorsport
3. Open Bonnet
AEM001.jpg

4. Remove intake cover
AEM002.jpg

5.Pull Wiring harness out of little rubber clip thing
AEM003.jpg

6. Loosen jubilee clip on throttle body
AEM004.jpg

7. Unplug IAT sensor and pull out sensor from intake tubing
AEM005.jpg

8. Remove rubber pipe from airbox end only, then remove vacumn pipe from intake tubing

AEM006.jpg

AEM007.jpg

9. Remove rubber intake pipe
AEM010.jpg

10. Remove rubber bung and long bolt from air box
AEM008.jpg

AEM009.jpg

11. Disconnect bottom intake hose from airbox, remove two nuts that hold it to the slam panel and remove from engine bay
AEM011.jpg

AEM012.jpg

12. Remove 1 bolt and 1 nut that holds airbox on
AEM014.jpg

AEM015.jpg

13. Remove air box
AEM016.jpg

AEM017.jpg

14. Fit spacer
AEM019.jpg

15. Carefully remove old pipe from orignal air box
AEM020.jpg

16. DO NOT USE MONKEY FOR STEP 15 COS YOU WILL BREAK IT!
AEM021.jpg

Ooops!

17. Fit silicon rubber thingy
AEM027.jpg

18. Pick up AEM pipe and fit grommet (just below berry's tongue in picture) then fit filter

AEM024.jpg

AEM025.jpg

19. Insert AEM pipe complete with filter and clamp to throttle body with jubilee clip
AEM028.jpg

20. Reconnect vacumn pipe, you will need to remove the little metal thing first (1st pic) and return feed (2nd pic)
AEM034.jpg

AEM030.jpg

21. Insert IAT sensor into grommet in AEM pipe
AEM033.jpg

22. Bolt the beast down!
AEM035.jpg

23. Admire your work!
AEM036.jpg

AEM037.jpg

AEM038.jpg

8)

I don't know about anyone else on here with the V2, but when it rains pretty heavy, mine can misfire as its getting a load of water spray from the open wheelarch. :?

I'll be swapping to the cheaper (and what seems better for power) AEM CAI in the future, as it is better sheilded from the elements even though its lower down :wink:

thejudderman said:
I don't know about anyone else on here with the V2, but when it rains pretty heavy, mine can misfire as its getting a load of water spray from the open wheelarch. :?

I'll be swapping to the cheaper (and what seems better for power) AEM CAI in the future, as it is better sheilded from the elements even though its lower down :wink:
No problems with mine & drove from devon to silverstone in a monsoon remember gunn? LMAO & paul u could have edited pictures of berry No need to show the members here the taunton beast :lol:

Back