• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

buying championship white paint, where can i get it from and is it easy to spray?

hey guys.... my project is coming along really well... should be running in a month or so... but just as i though i was done i have went and dropped the windscreen from my rally car on the dam door :evil: pretty badly scratched

my re-spray was going to wait until next winter but now that the paint is trashed on one side of the car it seems as good a time as any to paint it :(

so i'm thinking champ' white for the re-spray

but i can't seem to find anywhere online that sells it? can anyone help?

also is it easy to spray? with my rally car we simply primed and sprayed - no lacquer or anything... is chap' white like this or is it that other paint where it requires lots of 'stages' to paint?

i realize that sounds really dumb but i can pick up a spray gun and make the car change colour - but i dont know the lingo lol

If you find bee bees finishing in Halstead theyll post :)

Ask the to make it in a 2pak paint.

That way you can prime, paint, flat and polish :)

If you find bee bees finishing in Halstead theyll post :)

Ask the to make it in a 2pak paint.

That way you can prime, paint, flat and polish :)

absolutely perfect... why can't everyone on forums be so helpful! :D thanks sonny!

just to double check... the paint code is

NH-0

If you would like any advice on painting I'm happy to help. If your spraying 2k paints you need an air-fed mask! 2pak contains isocynates which can cause respiratory problems. If your DIY with a mask I suggest you use cellulose based paints which are safer. I use both depending on the job in hand. You are best to stick with compatable paints rather than mixing them. Solvents can react with one another. It's the 2k laquer that's the killer, trust me I've worked with this stuff for a long time! There's 3 parts to laquer - laquer/hardener/reducer (thinners). They have to be mixed accordingly. E.G - 100ml clear /100ml hardener /50ml thinners. Be safe.

Aaaaah, isocyanates. Oh the memories [and regular health checks] !

CW is a bitch to spray, well it was when i used to spray parts on the production line.

Thin paint, heavy paint......but the pin holes were the ball ache. And the Japs being Japs wanted absolute perfection on this colour.

Good luck with your project. Will look the dogs when finished.

Back