• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Buying Help

well after I got abused for admitting I was from a village 20 mins from the border I was obviously hurt deep down enough to have to vent it on whoever might cross my path - in this instance, your good self sir.

Right, who else can i abuse......

Hmmmm, i got a good look at a red 1 today, i was lookin at the interior more than anything, but i've restrained myself from buying any other colour than black. not that theres anything wrong with silver or red, i'm sure there all just as fast as each other (i know sum will disagree:lol: )
I'm just guna keep hunting! This one may be a long shot on my behalf, before the atr site went down i was looking at a black pre up for grabs from efcmandan, does anyone have an email that i could contact him on please! it may be unlikely he still has it but it was a good example!

Definitely go for black pre-face. Imo they look the best.:cool:
Post, they all look good but black will always be the fastest colour.:D :rolleyes:

personally i think red is a more sporty colour u ever seen a red bently or 7 series or any big car, you dont get red limos either however all they cars mentioned come in black and silver

This one may be a long shot on my behalf, before the atr site went down i was looking at a black pre up for grabs from efcmandan, does anyone have an email that i could contact him on please! it may be unlikely he still has it but it was a good example!

Dan's is a very good car, but I haven't got the contact details for him I am afraid. Hopefully someone on here will have?

Fingers crossed someone will. I spoke to him earlier in the year as he works near chester and i'd spotted a black atr around and it turned out to be him but i cant find his email.

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread and all that but I'm also in the market for an ATR and have a couple of questions.

I've read a lot about 5th gear synchro problems, am I right in thinking that they don't occur in the post-facelift cars. Also how do they cope with a lot of short journeys, I don't think I'll find it too much of a hassle giving one a good weekly workout ;) but a lot of the usage would be for less than 5 miles at a time, would this be a major issue ?

Cheers

last summer I used my car every day for about 3 months, driving from house to house to house to B&Q to house, all a mile or two distances at most, working for a landlord who owned a load of properties i was doing work on. Wasn't too bad on the economy, and I can't think of any other problem you might be thinking about.

My daily commute is only 6 miles and I don't do many longer distances other than proper trips, i.e. 80-120 miles each way. So most of my driving is short trips, and it's never been a problem.

And yes you're right about the syncrho issues, though they don't occur in every pre.

And yes you're right about the syncrho issues, though they don't occur in every pre.

The Post Facelift cars aren't safe either there have been a few go as well. Basically a badly built gear box IMO It's like Honda spent a fortune on the engine then just found a gear box lying around the workshop and modded it for the ATR

the syncro can go in pre and post, more so in pre facelifts, but more and more post facelifts are showing signs off the dreaded 5th gear syncro issue, but then again there are pre facelifts that have moon miles on them with no hint of the problem, i think its all down to the cars history,. i.e if you thrash the car then the gearbox will show signs of wear!

im sure someone took their box apart and found it was just a weak part!

it could all be hearsay, :rolleyes:

The Post Facelift cars aren't safe either there have been a few go as well. Basically a badly built gear box IMO It's like Honda spent a fortune on the engine then just found a gear box lying around the workshop and modded it for the ATR

I suppose any gearbox can let go eventually but it is slightly disturbing hearing that even the post facelift ones can suffer. What are the symptoms of one on it's way out (I'm guessing a crunchy change into 5th). What kind of money is it to repair if it does go?

Thanks for the help so far.

What are the symptoms of one on it's way out (I'm guessing a crunchy change into 5th). What kind of money is it to repair if it does go?

Crunching going into 3rd and 5th. Then it will stop going into reverse completely.

You are looking at between £600 - £1000 to repair it.

Back