• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying part- worn tyres ....

Dear All,

Quick question....

has anyone ever bought or thought about buying partly worn tyres in from Germany and having them fitted here in the uk?

I was going to buy brand new ones for my rear tyres 2moro, but whilst talking to a garage, they suggested that I buy partly worn ones from Germany that are pressure tested and perfectly leagal. They are imported by them with GUARUNTEED no less than 5 mm tread on them , but he reckons they come in with about 6-7 mm left.

I have had quotes today for new Bridgestones that range from £91- £152. These worn bridgestones are £30 fully fitted and everything :shock: ....

Opinions welcome!!! please help !!!.........

Yeah, get yourself down to T&G Auto's in Cove and get Hankook Ventus Sports for £55 a corner Inc Fitting if you mention the CTR forum name.

New Tyres and good allround performance

Ask For Tom Gannon.

:wink:

Hobbes said:
Yeah, get yourself down to T&G Auto's in Cove and get Hankook Ventus Sports for £55 a corner Inc Fitting if you mention the CTR forum name.

Ask For Tom Gannon.

:wink:

they new ones or worn?

NB- the guy at the garage also said that I can paint my calipers whilst he does the tyres........ :D

Sounds like a really good deal. 8) Never tried them myslef but at that price I'd be very tempted.

Hobbes - I was at least expecting some sort of "Partly Worn Rubber" joke from your post! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Foxy red said:
NB- the guy at the garage also said that I can paint my calipers whilst he does the tyres........ :D

HOW F**KING QUICK DOes he think you can paint them!!!!

Not a chance in hell........................... unles he's willing to wait along time whilst you do it!!!

LOl!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hobbes said:
Foxy red said:

Not a chance in hell........................... unles he's willing to wait along time whilst you do it!!!

LOl!

I will be about 30 mins..... I'll do it at the end of the day so as not to affect his business...

Foxy red said:
Hobbes said:
Foxy red said:

LOl!

Per caliper?? = 2 hours!!!
AC :?

I will be about 30 mins..... I'll do it at the end of the day so as not to affect his business...

Foxy red said:
Hobbes said:
Foxy red said:

LOl!

What about painting your calipers?? :lol: :lol:

ritzctr said:
Foxy red said:
Hobbes said:
Foxy red said:

LOl!

What about painting your calipers?? :lol: :lol:

Always one :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foxy red said:
ok- so apart from the calipers.... what shall i do about the tyres gentlemen....

Buy the Hankook's mentioned above they are better all round than the BS Pots! and half the price! :shock: I'm going to TGM.... bye!

Hobbes said:

New Tyres and good allround performance

Ask For Tom Gannon.
Hobbes said:
Will he do discount if anyone mentions this new site as well?

I reckon this site will eclipse the old one in every way given a short period of time, so I'd hope all companies offering discounts for the CTRO will honour this site too.

Foxy - Caliper paint takes ages to dry cos its very thick and gloopy, if u do it then drive home u will end with red paint in ur wheels

As for part worn tyres, i would not recomend part worn tyres for the CTR, had them many times on my second cars and they are fine for that.

If you are changing from Potenzas the car will handle very differently. with a different brand tyres has the 9 times out of 10 the tyre will have a much softer tyre wall

hope that makes sense :?

Black R said:
Foxy - Caliper paint takes ages to dry cos its very thick and gloopy, if u do it then drive home u will end with red paint in ur wheels

As for part worn tyres, i would not recomend part worn tyres for the CTR, had them many times on my second cars and they are fine for that.

If you are changing from Potenzas the car will handle very differently. with a different brand tyres has the 9 times out of 10 the tyre will have a much softer tyre wall

hope that makes sense :?

The car still has bridgestones on it and i only need to change the rear ones... the front are still good. That'a why I don't really want to mix them with the ones Hobbes suggested.

You have definatley given me food for thought though guys, many thanks for your help,

Foxy
xx

Back