• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Buying parts for my ep3 type r. Where to shop ?

Bought an ep3 type r for track use and had it for a good check over to see what sort of condition it is in. Nothing major but need the following parts...

Front lower ball joint
Nsf track rod end boot
front and rear engine mounts
oem rear discs
oem rear calipers
handbrake cables

Now i would personally prefer to buy new so in order to keep budget down where should I be shopping ? I know ebay is full of parts but sometimes unsure of which shops to use. Just looking for a little direction or advice as to where some people buy their parts.

Thanks

I tend to use eBay and go with quality aftermarket brands like Meyle, QH, Brembo etc

It's often 30-50% of the price of genuine Honda and just as good quality.

If you're going for track use you won't want any standard front brake parts. OEM calipers and discs are barely adequate for road use, let alone track. Ditto engine mounts you may want to uprate.

I'd reconsider the handbrake cables, they are rarely so stretched that they can't be adjusted and very expensive for this car. If you have trouble with the handbrake holding, it's going to be worn calipers. The handbrake has it's own piston in the caliper and I think it can't be replaced. New OEM rear calipers + adjustment should fix any issues with the handbrake. I got mine from http://brakeparts.co.uk they carry the same nissin caliper as the OEM.

If you're going to use OEM engine mounts, you should consider installing the engine mount inserts at the same time as it will make a big difference to handling and over all feel of the car.

Personally I get most OEM parts from US Honda dealers, but I'm not sure how the customs etc. costs will be to the UK.

Back