• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying tomorrow morning...FN2 57 Plate

Honda will not have fitted that, like that from the factory... or at least, I'm convicned of it.

It looks like someone has fitted it afterwards; bought the wrong part.

Mate, i dont know what else to check... Car drives fine, HPI clear, Honda Approved...Maybe the guy had a little dink on the bottom of the bumper and changed it, brought an aftermaket splitter? Where there is paint on the bumpers looks like its been done by Honda, I'm fairly certain you couldnt replicate the colour in any other garage.. Although maybe wrong..

If its Honda Approved, and HPI clear, and drives fantastically and a 12 month warrenty, inside engine bay looks untouched, bumpers marry up perfectly.. Should I start worrying about my £1000 deposit?

I am right and my thoughts are also crash repair.

Another thing, that interior photo isn't the same car as the exterior photo's. The interior is of a 09/10 car, not an 07.

Sorry this was my thought, didnt have interior photo to send to my brother, so got any old pic and sent it to him so he could see what it looks like inside an fn2, when uploading the files I accidentally clicked on that pic too. Not been arsed to change it..

Does anyone know if that Splitter can come off? Is it seperate to the actual bumper? If it cant, then I need to worry a bit..

Welcome and good choice!

Just have a look at these pics about your front bumper. It's called the Grand Prix pack.

In Alabaster Silver:
SilverTypeR_front.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find any decent ones of a Night Hawk Black. The corners where the front bumper meets the wheel arch trim should be body coloured as well as the strip all the way across that goes under the number plate. Your car looks like it's had the pack from a Type S fitted. Type S's before '10 had a black unpainted version of the Type R body kit, yours looks like the GP version of that.

I'd get the garage to body colour it if they've mis-sold it you. :smt023

Can't see the back on your pics but it should look like this:
SilverTypeR_rear.jpg

Honda web page link to accessory packs is here:Clicky

After doing a shed loads of research, this ISNT from a Type S... The Type S Grand Prix Pack / Image pack looks competely different to the Type R's Bumper.

16312972_0_0.09709991862118228_M.jpg

So all thats left to do is find out if that plastic part is detachable? if it is, then its obvious that he has clipped a kurb, replaced the part, and saved on getting it sprayed by Honda.... I'm alot more comfortable with previous owner replacing a new Splitter, as opposed to a whole bumper!! It would all make sense as why would you Buy a whole new bumper, spray part of it, and leave the splitter out??

Last edited by a moderator:
After doing a shed loads of research, this ISNT from a Type S... The Type S Grand Prix Pack / Image pack looks competely different to the Type R's Bumper.

16312972_0_0.09709991862118228_M.jpg

That's not a Type-S, that's why it looks wrong.

So all thats left to do is find out if that plastic part is detachable? if it is, then its obvious that he has clipped a kurb, replaced the part, and saved on getting it sprayed by Honda.... I'm alot more comfortable with previous owner replacing a new Splitter, as opposed to a whole bumper!! It would all make sense as why would you Buy a whole new bumper, spray part of it, and leave the splitter out??

As for removing the splitter yes it's a separate part from the bumper.

The splitter on your car us from a pre-09 Type-S that's why it's grey. All exterior plastics come from the factory pre-painted so if a new bumper/splitter is needed you just order the one in the correct colour via a Honda dealer and it will be delivered to them already painted.

It's most likely a previous owner has just got that from ebay or a breakers second hand instead of buying one from their Honda dealer, who wouldn't supply that part for a Type-R as when they look up part numbers they do it via the cars reg'/VIN which will only bring up part numbers for that particular car.

Got you....
media

So I reckon the old owner skuffed his original on a Curb or something (The dealer did say this is easy to do in the Type R) The previous owner must of had some experiance to know he could get that part from a normal Civic Image Pack?

How do you mean

Just wondering how you got on regarding the front bumper/splitter that's all :)
When I posted you hadn't updated the thread. Or maybe you did, I didn't read properly and I'm being a clot :( ;)
Yeah don't think you should have anthing to worry about. 12 month warranty should see you right anyhoo :)
When you picking her up?

Just wondering how you got on regarding the front bumper/splitter that's all :)
When I posted you hadn't updated the thread. Or maybe you did, I didn't read properly and I'm being a clot :( ;)
Yeah don't think you should have anthing to worry about. 12 month warranty should see you right anyhoo :)
When you picking her up?

Picked her up today! Was waiting around for ages though, as the wheel repair man was late, so found myself wondering the streets for ages! It was boring as hell!! Although when he gave me the keys and said enjoy, I had the biggest smile ever! Just keep driving her around now, EVERYwhere!, and when I park the car, I am finding myself parking a million miles away from any other car!! I'm sure the parnoia will wear off, just dont want it to get dented or scratched!

The front Splitter got sprayed in the end, I checked the engine bay, to see if the bumper had come off, or any signs of a major crash, and there just wasnt any. Even the poppers on top of the grill (under the hood) were spotless, no sign that they have been popped open with a screw driver... I think the previous owner clipped a kurb, and the cheapest alternative was a type s splitter... Any how, all sorted now - the car is going back to them in a few weeks to get the rear back quarter sprayed (slight mark on it) and to also get the supaguard clean...

So alls cool in the hood, just want to find a meet somewhere now......

Picked her up today! Was waiting around for ages though, as the wheel repair man was late, so found myself wondering the streets for ages! It was boring as hell!! Although when he gave me the keys and said enjoy, I had the biggest smile ever! Just keep driving her around now, EVERYwhere!, and when I park the car, I am finding myself parking a million miles away from any other car!! I'm sure the parnoia will wear off, just dont want it to get dented or scratched!
The front Splitter got sprayed in the end, I checked the engine bay, to see if the bumper had come off, or any signs of a major crash, and there just wasnt any. Even the poppers on top of the grill (under the hood) were spotless, no sign that they have been popped open with a screw driver... I think the previous owner clipped a kurb, and the cheapest alternative was a type s splitter... Any how, all sorted now - the car is going back to them in a few weeks to get the rear back quarter sprayed (slight mark on it) and to also get the supaguard clean...

So alls cool in the hood, just want to find a meet somewhere now......

I'm exactly the same dude. Had mine (EP3) for just over 2 weeks (must try and get some pics up) and still find myself looking for specs in carparks without any cars near ;) :lol:
Enjoy it mate :)

ATB,

Scott

Back