• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buying tomorrow morning...FN2 57 Plate

Wont be able to sleep, so excited!! Used to have a NHB Ep3, nice car, although it was an 03 and suffered from a really annoying squeeky steering wheel....I hear that problem was common? Used to pull under acceleration.. Never did find out what was wrong with it, steering Rack maybe?

cant wait to get in this though, £13,800, with every option on it apart from a live stage and free beer!

Sat Nav
HFT
Rear Reversing Camera
19" Rage
Front Ambient Lighting
Type R Mats
Upgraded Body Kit
27K miles...
1 years warrenty

Want to get some stuff done, but Insurance is a pain... Not got insurance for it yet, but been quoted 1050, which is alot, but only have 1 year NCB as have had a company car. Most insurance companies a not loving ECU remaps (Hondata) or any other minor upgrades. Adrian Flux is good, and used them before, but they are wanting 2 years ncb these days...Suggestions on a postcard!

Attachments

• type r gt 001..jpg
    type r gt 001..jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 87
  • type r gt 004..jpg
    type r gt 004..jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 93
  • type r gt 003..jpg
    type r gt 003..jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 3987233814_0fa3faa&#56.jpg
    3987233814_0fa3faa&#56.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks an absolute cracker mate, actually really like the front splitter, never seen one of them in the plastic!

Nice to have all the extras, but I think you'll want to default on the wheels before long. Apparently the ride is excessively hard with 19" wheels. Personally I prefer the stock wheel anyway, but it still looks great.

Cheers! Yeah, I really wanted these wheels... Personal taste I guess... Will have to drive at 10 mph if thats the case! I've just noticed that splitter in plastic!! Not sure about it now you've mentioned it...

Welcome and good choice!

Just have a look at these pics about your front bumper. It's called the Grand Prix pack.

In Alabaster Silver:
SilverTypeR_front.jpg

In Milano Red:
MilanoGP.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find any decent ones of a Night Hawk Black. The corners where the front bumper meets the wheel arch trim should be body coloured as well as the strip all the way across that goes under the number plate. Your car looks like it's had the pack from a Type S fitted. Type S's before '10 had a black unpainted version of the Type R body kit, yours looks like the GP version of that.

I'd get the garage to body colour it if they've mis-sold it you. :smt023

Can't see the back on your pics but it should look like this:
SilverTypeR_rear.jpg

Honda web page link to accessory packs is here:Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
if neily is right (i know nothing about FN2) and from what it looks like the bumpers fitted to your car don't look like the type r bumpers it is in your interest to confirm any back story on that. my immediate concern is crash damage and someone stuck any old fn2 bumper on. but there could be a genuine explanation for it.

and in the mean time, if you could just provide me with your bank account details & sort code, i will arrange for my shipping agent in holland to deliver the car.

if neily is right (i know nothing about FN2) and from what it looks like the bumpers fitted to your car don't look like the type r bumpers it is in your interest to confirm any back story on that. my immediate concern is crash damage and someone stuck any old fn2 bumper on.

I am right and my thoughts are also crash repair.

Another thing, that interior photo isn't the same car as the exterior photo's. The interior is of a 09/10 car, not an 07.

Nice dude, hope the bumper thing doesn't come back and bite you. Get rid of those wheels though dude, they look gash!

The ride will be painfull too, my fn2 had 18's and it was so stiff!! After 4 months of ownership I needed a new spine and hips, I went for uprated mugen ones so now I corner better ;)

Well I went to view the car this morning, mentioned the splitter and he was unsure to why it was like that.. He said the previous owner could of scuffed the original and replaced it with that. Anyway, the end result is that I could take the car there and then as I rattled him down on cost and demanded work to be done on it.. Was up for 13800,
got it for 13600 including touch up of stone chips on bonnet,
colour code the splitter respray rear quarter panel (slight chip)
remove a small dent above front wheel arch "half a golf ball size"

oh
and not forgetting a full tank of super unleaded and a supaguard wax

overall I think I done alright...

I with k1ngsk1n on the wheels, not my thing, but lovely car.. that interior is something special! :smt023

I am right and my thoughts are also crash repair.

Another thing, that interior photo isn't the same car as the exterior photo's. The interior is of a 09/10 car, not an 07.

you are 100% right mate not sure whats going on with the interior maybe just a simple mix up with the photos.... as for the bumpers they are not the factory standard ones ( i work in swindon for honda) i would be very worried about crash repair. however saying that its a honda aproved car so you have to trust them i guess

Just check all the seals and run your fingers between the gaps of the panels to see if they widen or get borrower slightly, I'm sure you know what your doing anyway :) good luck mate!

I was concerned about the bumber, called them today. There is only 1 way to resolve this;

the car was sold from new from this particular Honda Garage, and was sold back to them last week. So the obvious thing to do is find out who fitted the bumper by looking back...

Turns out that the bumper was sold to the original owner like this (From factory) - "honda looked back on old invoices and pictures for me". However he cant give me a reason to why it wasnt painted? This ruled out a Crash Repair.... So thats the main thing!

As to why? I cant give you an answer.. Nor can Honda.. Just one of those things...

Honda will not have fitted that, like that from the factory... or at least, I'm convicned of it.

It looks like someone has fitted it afterwards; bought the wrong part.

Back