• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bye bye premier ctr!!!!

Well , its gone, from friday i will be the proud owner of an ex demo 2006 2litre mazda mx5, i have really enjoyed the ctr but ive changed for reasons of the heart and the mind , ive missed rear wheel drive 2 seater convertible cars since i got rid of my mr2 and i have been concerned about depreciation on my ctr withthe release of the new civic type r around the corner , also its insurance renewal time(always painful for type r owners) and shortly i would have needed 2 new tyres, i'm really looking forward to my new car,i'll miss those vtec moments but at least i can say ive owned one !!
The best part is that my new car cost £15500, i paid 1300 cash and my car , do the maths and i reckon thats a hell of a trade in price for the civic !!! :lol:

thanks sharky, i was so gutted bout trading the ctr in that the missus drove it home, am gonna try not to vtec till i get rid as itll be the death of me !!!

robsonj said:
thanks sharky, i was so gutted bout trading the ctr in that the missus drove it home, am gonna try not to vtec till i get rid as itll be the death of me !!!

:lol: Well, once you start modding the MX5... :wink:

I know a guy who has just fitted a Jackson Racing Supercharger to his MX5. It's quite the sleeper. It also has an appetite for rear tyres. :twisted:

I would have loved to keep the civic but its not quite me , i'm a total car anorak and its been on the " to - do " list to sample a honda type r with vtec for quite some time , ive done that now its quite simply the best front wheel drive car and engine package ive ever experienced, turns in like a rear wheel drive car !!.
I'm gonna keep the mazda for one or two years and save up and see if i cant afford a mint 04 onwards s2k, then i can have the best of both worlds, al post some pics of my new acquisition when i get a chance

Fair play. I love that new MX-5. It's a prime example of the fastidious attention to detail the Japs can do so well. And they've managed to squeeze a metal folding roof into it too, without changing it's looks.

Marge

Nice one matey. I very much like the look of the new MX5. I particularly like the new tin top cabriolet version.

Geoff. :D

Welcome to the MX5 club mate, we've had ours about a month and love it, cue gratuitous pic...

Mazda01.jpg

Did you get the fastest colour like us? :wink:

i got the graphite grey colour, i love how customisable the mx5 is, mx5parts is a great website, when ive got some cash i'll be getting the chrome fuel filler cap, sill gaurds and something to brighten up the dashboard

robsonj said:
i got the graphite grey colour, i love how customisable the mx5 is, mx5parts is a great website, when ive got some cash i'll be getting the chrome fuel filler cap, sill gaurds and something to brighten up the dashboard

Yeah lots of good stuff there, getting more stock soon apparently too.

thats a beautiful black mx5 by the way,my ctr was black and i loved how it loked when clean, didnt stay that way very long though :D
If the demonstrator i bought had been in black i would have been fine with that, i like the grey as hopefully itll look nearly as good as a clean black car but stay looking clean a bit longer

well i got it , i love it to bits , a few probs though, the paint on the horizontal surfaces felt very gritty when i got it, so i washed it and clayed it, it was absolutely filthy, dunno where they have been storing it!!!.
Also the brake hubs are extremely rusty, got the "they all do that sir" at first from the salesman but eventually he said i could go to the service department and get them painted.
Gonna get some subtle visual mods(aluminium fuel filler cap etc) and thatll be me happy 8)

Back