• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bye FK8, hello i8

So decided it was time to part ways with the FK8 after only 3 months of ownership. Change came about due to an long-term injury to my leg which makes manuals harder for me right now. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the new ride:

5MrXoX4.jpg

psEDzFx.jpg

4j8jOEZ.jpg

ORuCENM.jpg

Looks great. Really interesting choice of car.
One of my friends bought one when they were first released. He only kept it about 18 months (he only keeps anything about 18 months) but I always thought it looked really special and futuristic.

Looks great. Really interesting choice of car.
One of my friends bought one when they were first released. He only kept it about 18 months (he only keeps anything about 18 months) but I always thought it looked really special and futuristic.

The technology inside this car is amazing and it drives amazing. 4 years old and still looks relevant by today's standards

Interesting choice in vehicle. What made you go for this instead of an M car or something similar by the way?

Never been in one so no idea how it drives but there is quite a few about where I live. Stunning cars.

Stunning car....but even a 2014 model is about 1.5 times the price of a brand new FK8, so way out of my league. :(
I remember Clarkson driving it back to back with the M3 on Top Gear, then after eating his chips had to make a decision which one to drive home in....and he chose the i8. :D

Interesting choice in vehicle. What made you go for this instead of an M car or something similar by the way?

Never been in one so no idea how it drives but there is quite a few about where I live. Stunning cars.

Mostly because the i8 is full of technology and £0 road tax and amazing mpg

£0 road tax and amazing mpg
Yes this is one area where pre April 2017 cars benefit compared to newer ones - they have free road tax whereas the new ones are £450 from year 2-6.
Not sure about the amazing mpg though.....only based on what I've seen and read is that it is greatly reduced from what BMW state. Similar to all manufacturers then. :lol:

Back