• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Caliper Repair Kits?

Hi guys, My front calipers have been giving me grief for a while now. Every couple of months my pads seem to be binding on the discs after striping them and giving them a good scrub. i seem to have wasted a couple of sets of DS2500 and OEM pads as they are wearing down unevenly.

Has anyone used these repair kits that replace the seals and had any joy out of them?

I have OEM pads on at the momment but i will be going back to DS2500's next as they are far better and i don't want to waste another £100 on pads if the kits don't work. I am not sure if i should just get a set of reconditioned calipers instead of the kits to save hastle in the future.

The seals were a right PITA to refit, I struggled like hell and you'd no doubt need to get some new pistons in case it's started to corrode

Cheers bud. Looking like i will just get a refurbed set instead of having to faf about with new pistons and no doubt i would balls it up on the drive.

My calliper seized on mine mate, new calliper was only 60 quid from a garage, fitted with Lucas pads it was only 145 quid altogether, hope this helps

A new caliper for £60! Fook me that sounds barry mate.

Where in Fife are you from and what garage was it you used if you don't mind me asking?

Back