• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Calipers All Round :)!!

So I bought my civic just before December and noticed when buying it that the brakes + handbrake was naff so I had been saving up to buy some drilled and grooved discs, new pads and some braided lines all round. Wished that I had checked the brakes before hand because I went to fit the discs, pads and lines yesterday and it seems that whatever dim wit had done the brakes last has destroyed all the rubber seals around the pistons and when I say destroyed I mean 'DESTROYED' there is literally nothing left of them. God knows how's it's been done but yeah so £300 later I have myself a full set of calipers all round to fit. I now just have to do something with the fact that my cradles are red and the new calipers are plain silver. Oh and the reason why the hand brake and brakes was poor A. Starting to seize B. The rear pads were fitted wrong so I was using half the pad one side and a quarter the other as the locating lug on rear pad wasn't in the cross slots on the piston. Idiots

Where did you get your replacement calipers from? I need to replace all four on my EP3 and prices seem much, much, higher!

Back