• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Calling All Peeps with DLS speakers.........

I have just purchased the DLS C6 (these:- http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/c6.htm ) 1stly i have 4 black boxs (2x low pass filters & 2x high pass filters), i know i'm a noob but i thought they'd only be one for each side!!!!!!

and am confused about how to install them :oops: :oops: .I must point out that at the mo i am NOT amping them.

Now i know that i'm a noob but the installation diagram doesn't seem to make sense. From what i can make out i need a sh1t load more speaker wire than i thought i'd need (i.e i didn't realise i'd need any!!!!)

So what i'm after is if anyone has got these speakers installed can they give me a very simple idiots guide to wiring them in. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry to seem sooooo stupid but as i say the diagram seems to indicate that you gotta cut the connectors tjhat came off the standard speaker and then wire that to one of the black boxs (low pass filter) then take more wiring and run that to the other black box........................i think you get my drift.

I thought it would just be a case of unplug the standard speakers and connect the unconnected wires to the new speakers!!!!!!!

/me rubs eyes "i am NOT amping them."

waaaaaaaaaat, you got like pukka dls speakers that need like at least 40watt rms!

If your not going to get a decent amp to run them......just fill the holes with soggy bisquit instead
:roll:

1 crossover is for the tweeter x2
1 crossover is for the mid range speaker x2

Im sorry but if you are not going to buy an amp for these you have just wasted your money.

You should of just bought some cheap £40 sonys or something.

I'm sure Dalco will do you a cracking deal on a JBL 75.2 amp just what you need to make those speakers sing. Do it, put it on your credit card, and if you dont, I'll get everyone on the forum to send you a pound so you can afford to buy one!

Honestly mate, you will be surprised how much difference it makes to the sound when you run those speakers off an amp.

Funky said:
I'm sure Dalco will do you a cracking deal on a JBL 75.2 amp just what you need to make those speakers sing. Do it, put it on your credit card, and if you dont, I'll get everyone on the forum to send you a pound so you can afford to buy one!

Honestly mate, you will be surprised how much difference it makes to the sound when you run those speakers off an amp.

I'm soo confused now, i was told that by amping them i would get the best out of them but until i could afford an amp they would be fine just run off the head unit. I really can't afford an amp just yet so have i REALLY just wasted my money???? :? :? :( :(

Funky said:
I'll get everyone on the forum to send you a pound so you can afford to buy one!

That'd be nice :wink: :lol: :lol:

If you are planning to amp them in the near future then its not a waste of money. :)

Funky said:
If you are planning to amp them in the near future then its not a waste of money. :)

I do intend to get an amp at some point but i'm doing things a little by little as and when i get the spare cash together. :D :D

So anyway back to my little dilema in the mean time. How do you wire in these bad boys??? idiots guide way!!!!!!

For each speaker (left front and right front) you have a +ve and a -ve coming from the headunit. You need to connect 2 wires to the +ve and then connect one to the tweeter xover +ve terminal and then connect the other to the +ve mid xover terminal. Then do the same for the -ve from the headunit and repeat for the other side.

There should be a wiring diagram in the instructions, have you had a look at it?

dls6.JPG

Cool cheers. This may sound like a silly question but can i use the wiring thats already there for the standard speakers??? I didn't want to have to start chopping about the wiring loom.

monkey boy kev said:
Cool cheers. This may sound like a silly question but can i use the wiring thats already there for the standard speakers??? I didn't want to have to start chopping about the wiring loom.

You can do but I think you will have to cut the plug thats plugs into the speakers off the end of the wiring loom.

Funky said:
monkey boy kev said:

You can do but I think you will have to cut the plug thats plugs into the speakers off the end of the wiring loom.

Ah, i'll probably leave them then becasue that way if i sell the car i can then just re-plug the standard speakers in :D

What grade of speaker wire do i need??? The reason i ask is i went and had a look for some yesterday and there's differentn grades for upto different WATT level. What level do i need to get the best signal possible through???

Sorry for all the quetions but as mentioned in many a previous post i'm a noob at all things like this (hence the reason i push paper for a living :wink: :lol: :lol: )

I used 12 gauge OFC (oxygen free cable). 5 meters of the flat stuff which is easier to hide under carpets. It looks like this:

qxl-s410.jpg

Cost me £12 from the local car audio place.

HTH

Funky said:
I used 12 gauge OFC (oxygen free cable). 5 meters of the flat stuff which is easier to hide under carpets. It looks like this:

qxl-s410.jpg

Cost me £12 from the local car audio place.

HTH

Cool, cheers Funky i really appreciate all the help you've given.

Can anyone tell what sort of screws i need to attach the spacers to the car door. I got the MDF spacers from Dalco with the speakers but they dodn't come with screws. I need know so i can go get them as me and a mate are gonna be fititng them this week.

Back