• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Callum's 05 Cosmic Grey Civic type r

Hi, im quite new to hondas but always fancied an ep3 and have always liked the cosmic grey ones :)

So i went to see one and bought the first one i saw :p

nCbkOdJ.jpg

Haven't really gotten any good pictures yet as it has needed quite a bit done cosmetically and mechanically.

Here's a list of what has been done so far if anyone is interested

New front caliper pistons and painted calipers red
New rear calipers as both were seized :(
Rear arches rust treated and repainted
Fully undersealed the under side
New fog lights as old ones has melted somehow.
Needed two new front tyres
drivers side abs sensor replaced
full service
and a few other cosmetic stuff like new floor mats and badges

To do list:

Wheel alignment is needing done
Paint rear calipers red
valve clearances check

JJ8eh0j.jpg

Undersealed :)
wGYXnAS.jpg

That's a bold move (buying the first seen), here's hoping it works out for you :)

Always love a cosmic, best colour (obviously).

Looking forward to seeing how things work out for you.

Yea i guess it was, Not much of these up in the north of Scotland were i live, travelled 5 hours just to see it.

Nice looking car, looks like quite a few jobs have already been done, has that been in your ownership or prior ?

Nice looking car, looks like quite a few jobs have already been done, has that been in your ownership or prior ?

yea all work listed has been carried out by me. Was in a bit of a state when i got her but shes coming along nicely.

Some pics of before i under sealed her wasn't looking too good luckily it was all surface rust.

VlOm14r.jpg

1CYLreG.jpg

tMmeMsg.jpg

QknIrU9.jpg

Afterwards

wGYXnAS.jpg

Next job done was to treat and repair the rear rusted arches.

Had to sand them down to clean metal, rust treat them and then paint them, Didn't bother with filler as they were pretty smooth after sanding.

Before
B47NF87.jpg

NmJNoRy.jpg

After

sAXZ8t4.jpg

oa0iFo9.jpg

Also got new carpets and wrapped the center console and door inserts in 4d carbon fibre.

mXoxuCo.jpg

zcOwfX4.jpg

Here's a sneaky pic of the new fog lights

8zQXPVb.jpg

Thanks man, Yours is coming along nicely too, Handy guides also used the one for removing the side skirts. Mine took 2 people to get em off...

Thanks bud, yes the side skirts are a pain. Took us 2 people as well but once they are off and the clips have been cleaned up from gunk, they go on and come off much easier now.

What you got planned mod wise?

I found a guide and tried to take my side skirts off for cleaning purposes but couldn't shift them.

Can someone explain in laymans terms the procedure so I can have another try.

Cheers.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I don't really know what mods i should do to it, It's completely stock at the moment, has enough power for me i think some handling mods will be next and maybe get some braided brake hoses.

Direct quote from SK-R's build thread for taking off side skirts.

"1. Remove the two self tapping screws at the front (many guides mention 3, but the 3rd one which is at the bottom right, in no way connects to the side skirt so not sure why you need that off)
2. Remove the 2 clips underneath the side skirt that hold the 2 plastic brackets to the chassis
3. Slide the skirt forwards (this takes a bit of force if you have never taken it off) and it should pop out. You will hear a loud click/bang but don't worry you haven't broken anything."

Probably better to go look at his thread has pictures showing how to get them off.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?103303-SK-R-s-NHB-EP3-Journal/page7

Cheers for that.

Think I was doing the right thing then but mainly scared of breaking something/too weak. Haha.

Need to try harder.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Decided to give her a clean today and took some pics, Scrubs up not bad.

Also managed to get a new exhaust off ebay as the old one was looking scruffy.

DOdKC48.jpg

WN4f6Ml.jpg

0HAzIyt.jpg

49K4US2.jpg

Back