• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Camber Kit Alignment Issues!!!! HELP!!!

What I need are springs that are no harder over bumps etc than the OEM ones, even softer would be nice. I guess i'll need a whole new shock/spring system for that, shorter springs on OEM shocks is bound to be even harder on the old ballsack.

spoon springs FTW. i fitted them on standard dampers a few months back and treated it to a visit to centre of gravity at the weekend (after settled and bedded springs in properly). its unreal how much chris's set up has changed my car (ask hovblack or murph as witnesses). i didnt actually think it could change so much. night and day. chris even commented on how well the spoon springs worked with the OEM shocks and how well the car drove/handled when he took it out afterwards :twisted:.

Thanks for all the comments guys, and NickCTR for the pic, Ive checked it with mine and its roughly the same apart from the front right you have 0.57 caster but i have 1.09 and you have -0.24 camber but i have +0.09 camber! could this be a problem? also my EP3 has been lowered which is why I was told to get the camber kits but now im starting to wish I didnt bother!

now that I have had the camber kits fitted front and back should my settings not all be green? cos my front right caster is showing yellow!
Im assuming green is the correct settings!

This is all kinda confusing I dont want to keep going back to the place if it ends up just being the roads uneven!

atm my rear camber is -1.33 left and -1.36 right! would this be ok for the fast road setup or is it too much?

I know i have no camber on the fronts but toe is 0.03 left and 0.02 right so these need to be 1.00 left and right, is this correct?

Does anyone know anywhere in south east london that they can recomend if all fails with the guys that have done my alignment!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be taking the car to TGM in Fleet, Jn 4a of the M3. They've probably done more EP3 geometry set-ups than anyone else in the country.

but i have +0.09 camber! could this be a problem?

atm my rear camber is -1.33 left and -1.36 right! would this be ok for the fast road setup or is it too much?

toe is 0.03 left and 0.02 right so these need to be 1.00 left and right, is this correct?

you're front camber and toe are near enough neutral.

Rear camber is just over 1 deg and very similar each side.

Ok guys so the car is going back in tomorrow for a closer look at the alignment , I contacted the guy who did it for me and he said he will check it out for me but he said that the front is at full camber as the car has been lowered but it can be adjusted a bit more by adjusting the toe! is this correct?

also with the camber kit I would have thought I would be getting more camber than what I have now! any views on this please?

fingers crossed tomorrow goes well as Ive been promised the car will come out perfect!!

sounds to me he is struggling to set the car up the way you want it. At a guess he doesn;t have the right kit. I had a similar problem with a garage local to me.

I thought he would be on here! haha! hes a good guy from the few times Ive met him he knows hes stuff so I dunno if Im just being over sensative about the car and should just accept that it is meant to steer bit to the left!

I dunno he seems to think the setup is a fast road setup and is fine so maybe it is just me!

I guess he will check it tomorrow and we will find out!

To be fair, the front camber bolts aren't a lot of cop and are a lot harder to adjust and get the correct settings than the rear bars, because they are essentially just a bolt with a cam shape attached to the shoulder.

The place that fitted mine had problems getting the camber correct on one of my front bolts and ended up using an extra washer to get the setting correct.

thing im worried about is that he said that the settings as they are, are perfect and that adjusting the camber and toe now will only increase the tyre wear which is not what I want to be doing as the whole point of getting the camber kits was to get rid of any extra tyre wear!

I am now regreting it!

thing im worried about is that he said that the settings as they are, are perfect and that adjusting the camber and toe now will only increase the tyre wear which is not what I want to be doing as the whole point of getting the camber kits was to get rid of any extra tyre wear!

I am now regreting it!

The point of camber kits should be to improve your car's handling.

Incorrect toe settings will have much more of an effect on tyre wear than adjusting the camber. You need to remember that we're only talking about one degree of negative camber all round. This is hardly goig to cut into the tyre's like he's implying. you may see a little bit more wear on the inside but it will be minimal and like I've said before, if your toe is out for whatever reason (hit a kurb or pothole) then this is far more likely to cause wear.

This is the set up you want:

1 deg negative camber all round
1mm total toe out at the front
1mm total toe in at the rear

You will see hardly any uneven wear and it will increase the handling noticeably.

ok well thats what ive said the fast road set up should be but he doesnt seem to think so! I will tell him the settings again tomorrow and see what happens!

ok well thats what ive said the fast road set up should be but he doesnt seem to think so! I will tell him the settings again tomorrow and see what happens!

TBH, he can give his opinion, but he should provide you with what you want. There are plenty of people on here and other forums that run this set up and I don't think anyone has complained yet unless they want something more aggressive for track use.

well before I started looking things up on the forum i didnt really know much about the camber kits etc so I trusted him to set it up for me as a good setup!
he also said if i need more camber i mite need a top mount! no idea what that is but that sound right?

Hi is me Dixon here.

The reason why we set his car up with almost zero camber on the front is because his car already got lower spring and the front was on positive camber and rear was running like 3 degrees of camber. So we put the camber kit on and try to bring the front back to how it should be. With the camber bolt we have max it out and can only get Zero camber on the front. We will look into his car again today to make sure his car go as straight as he like.

Dixon

Back