• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can a change of KPro map affect oil consumption?

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
As title. If a map is changed to another that is for similar if not the same mods can the map directly affect how much oil the engine uses?

I suppose more BHP = it has to get the power from somewhere? (Aswell as the V Power ;) )

Really depends how the map was tuned, if the map was tuned for your car on a dyno then it will be fine tuned for your car.

If you are using a generic map, eg another map from another person then this could have some differences such as different fueling etc etc different ignition, remember not all engines are the same and the best way to get the best from your car is to have it Dyno tuned.

Using generic maps is really not the ideal situation, if you run a map that is different, then obviously you can run into problems with it running lean and maybe causing engine damage which will cause an increase in oil usage.

Hope that explains it, best to not to mess with K-Pro maps and not to use a generic map, just get it tuned by a respected tuner and thats that

Yes and no.

If it runs hotter through more aggressive ignition and lower vtec points then yes. Our hot engines burn more oil.

UNLESS.....the map has been adjusted too far and serious damage has resulted like ignition wound too far and it dets and blows the rings.

Remember another owner fiddling a bit too much and then a post along the lines of "my dipstick keeps shooting out of my engine....why?" :lol:

Remember another owner fiddling a bit too much and then a post along the lines of "my dipstick keeps shooting out of my engine....why?" Laughing

I do yes :) thats why Its best to leave alone

Back