• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

can anyone help

hi ya guys bought my first civic type r today
and have noticed the cd player aint working can some one help
i have had it out and noticed the connector block at the back of the cd player 1 pink wire has come out .can some one please tell me were it goes back in the block ?
the light on the cd player is flashing but when i try to turn it on i get nothing :confused:
if its any help its the original cd player
and i have a type r 03 reg
hope this info helps
speak to you guys soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Pink is the right rear +ve, not being connected shouldn't stop the unit from working, just that one speaker (I could be wrong, I'm no expert! :lol:).
I cant remember off the top of my head which way up the connector goes but its either directly above or below the blue/yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a better description of the wires and a picture too :lol:

1 YEL/GRN Antenna module
2 YEL/RED ACC (Main stereo power supply)
3 - Not used
4 - Not used
5 PNK Right rear speaker (+)
6 BLU/WHT Left rear speaker (+)
7 GRN/YEL Passenger's door speaker (+), Right tweeter (+)
8 GRN/BLK Driver's door speaker (+), Left tweeter (+)
9 RED/BLK Lights-on signal
10 WHT/RED Constant power
11 - Not used
12 - Not used
13 - Not used
14 - Not used
15 BLU/YEL Right rear speaker (-)
16 BLU/BLK Left rear speaker (-)
17 GRY/RED Passenger's door speaker (-), Right tweeter (-)
18 LT GRN Driver's door speaker (-), Left tweeter (-)
19 RED Dash lights brightness controller
20 BLK Ground (G503)
stereo.jpeg

Pink is the right rear +ve, not being connected shouldn't stop the unit from working, just that one speaker (I could be wrong, I'm no expert! :lol:)

Al is right, the stereo should still work even if one of the speakers is disconnected.

Sounds like it's waiting for a code mate!
Push the left knob in, or right one, not too sure now, should have a time on the screen!

Back