• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can ITG cause hydrolock?

Viewing a vehicle with ITG pre installed, now do they suffer from hydrolock?
Be a waste of money buying the car and getting it wrecked, or I could just change it back to std box or tegiwa kit!

Many thanks

I am not intentionally going to submerge the filter!

The intake tube is around the wheel arch so is that risky, or can it be relocated behind the type r badge like the std. I had a hks kit in my last one from previous owner and I changed that to std. I don't have much knowledge of these so just asking!

@Dave have you had any issues at all driving in rain considering it rains most of the time! if I do buy that car would you advise changing the intake tube to behind the mesh grill like std! the car also has a scorpion cat back system but I am not fussed with noise so a std box would be just fine for me.

No I haven't had any problems. The pipe sits just above the hole on the arch. I think it would very hard for water to get through that hole and into the filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an ITG and no problem at all. I can't really see how water could get in unless you drive into a lake :)

I had an ITG and no problem at all. I can't really see how water could get in unless you drive into a lake :)
Yep lake is a regular occurence :p many thanks for sharing your experience. The intake hose being just on top of the wheel worried me, clearly no experience.
Many thanks

Back