• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can someone listen to my engine/belt? Please :)

Check your auto tensioner gauge to see that is in the correct position which is in between the two marks, sounds like it could be the top idler pulley. haven't you checked your oil?

Yeah oil is good now mate in line with the top marker.

Any chance you could outline where the tensioner gauge is so I can check the position, thanks in advance Sam.

Where your auto tensioner pulley is (the black pulley at the top) follow that to the top it's on the right side. Or look at your top idler pulley look behind it towards the engine you should see it, if you google ep3 auto tensioner gauge there is plenty of pictures. I changed both my pulleys and belt not long ago and the gauge sits perfect now

I found it mate thanks for your help.

Its slap bang in the middle!!!

Time to change the belt maybe? Or squeaky bearing in one of the pulleys?

I live right by the sea, salt in the air something to do with it? Ridiculous comment but it's already eating into my break discs haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it bang in the centre of both marks? Best thing to do is drop the belt off the top pulley and spin it around, you will hear the obvious sound of grinding/gritty noise, also gives you chance to check your other pulleys

Back