• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can you cure the numb steering feel of the EP3?

As much as it pains me to say it, the lack of steering feel is really ruining the whole Type-R experience for me. I was pre-warned about it but thought I'd give it a shot, but I still can't get used to it. What can I do?

As much as it pains me to say it, the lack of steering feel is really ruining the whole Type-R experience for me. I was pre-warned about it but thought I'd give it a shot, but I still can't get used to it. What can I do?
The best you can do is get a FRSU done but that's about it.

Steering feel is why I never really fell back in love with my 3rd EP3 that I owned last year.

You'd have to fit the whole hydraulic system to it as well. May as well put the money into a DC5?

Yeah if it's an expensive job then I'd be best off exchanging. I used to work in car sales and can get a good deal from the garage I used to work at, unfortunately they'll never sell an Integra! :(

Polybush front.
Change RCA's.
Decent FRSU.
LSD.

Steering on mine feels absolutely awesome. Precise, sharp and stiff.

Polybush front.
Change RCA's.
Decent FRSU.
LSD.

Steering on mine feels absolutely awesome. Precise, sharp and stiff.

Promising, I've had great things about the LSD gearboxes. How much would it cost me to get to where you're at if you don't mind me asking?

Promising, I've had great things about the LSD gearboxes. How much would it cost me to get to where you're at if you don't mind me asking?

My car had the gearbox with LSD already so no cost for me there. Although you can get an LSD for £400-£1000, then fitting cost.

Superpro castor increase front bushes = £120ish
Buddyclub RCA's - £100ish
FRSU - £80ish

Obviously the car needs to be on good springs at least (with camber bolts/arms) or coilovers.

Mines stiffened up a bit more with front and rear braces and engine mount inserts. All makes the difference! Most important thing though is decent rubber. The right combination of all of the above and an EP3 can feel fantastic in the bends.

Back