• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can you cure the numb steering feel of the EP3?

There are various ways to make the car handle better, however as alluded to early, it's the EPS steering system that gives that numb feeling. You'd need to fit a whole different hydraulic system and bearing in mind you'll have to do this and bypass the system already in place, it'll be a real pita. Better off selling and getting a DC5 etc if it you're that serious about doing it.

I think in a way it depends on your personal car heritage. The EP3 was my first car with EPS and my last.

Apart from the hybrids I had.

There are various ways to make the car handle better, however as alluded to early, it's the EPS steering system that gives that numb feeling. You'd need to fit a whole different hydraulic system and bearing in mind you'll have to do this and bypass the system already in place, it'll be a real pita. Better off selling and getting a DC5 etc if it you're that serious about doing it.

My posts relate to making the car handle better, but they improve the steering feel no end. Because it is EPS doesn't simply mean this cannot be changed with the car..... My cars steering feels as good as a stock DC5's does, granted I would still rather have a DC5 though to begin with :lol:

Back