• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

can you swap ep3 front seats round!

Wanting to swap the passanger seat over to the drivers and drivers to passanger as is in better condition slightly .
Is it possible or are they literally attached to the rails, thanks in advance

You can with Recaro's but i doubt standard one's will work. They will switch over just that the handle to move the back of the seat will be on the inside.

They seem to not be able to come off the rails, well not easily anyway, think I heard somewhere that they literally dont come off but like to know for sure

No you can't easily swap them. The drivers has a sensor plug on the bottom for the drivers seatbelt warning chime.

You'd have to swap the rails and the electrics.

Plus as has been said, if they are standard seats, the handles for getting in the back would then be in the middle.

No you can't easily swap them. The drivers has a sensor plug on the bottom for the drivers seatbelt warning chime.

You'd have to swap the rails and the electrics.

Plus as has been said, if they are standard seats, the handles for getting in the back would then be in the middle.
Yeah they are standard ep3 seats, didn't think it would be possible , thanks for the replys guys

Hi from buying My Ep3 i noticed my drivers seat was a little worn and had the thought of swapping my seats over but totally unsure... I spoke to a Friend who had swapped out his Black type R seats for a set of The Red Recaro seats, He said its minor and can be done..

So last week Tuesday me & mate tried it - Took about 1hr 30mins once i know what was doing & worked out what was needed to switch them?

Simple process remove plastic casing & unscrew the Four Bolts - < Driver's side - Disconnect the drivers seat warning sensor UNDER-SEAT > Hold down Brown plastic to release. Take seat out. REPEAT FOR PASSENGER SEAT . now the Tricky bit? Look under seat on side rail for Two Golden bolts. undue the two bolts and ull find seat runner assembly will now come apart once down swap over for other seat & re fit. by doing this will switch the seat holder etc...

ONLY THING WAS THE SEAT ADJUSTER WAS ON THE LEFT/INSIDE OF THE SEATS// IT'S NOW ONE OUTSIDE/RIGHT OF THE SEAT...BUT IS STILL ASSESSABLE AND NO REAL PROBLEM - THE DESIGN OF THE SEAT & DOOR TRIM MEANS YOU CAN STILL USE IT...OUSHHHHHH!! MINOR REALLY FOR HAVING THE SEAT'S SWITCHED OVER ??

" IM LOOKING INTO NOW IS MAYBE CORRECTING THAT AND HAVING THEM BACK ON THE INSIDE/LEFT OF THE SEAT? THINK THEY CAN BE SWAPPED OVER? STILL SEARCHING THE NET TO FIND OUT. ''

HOPE THAT HELPS AS IVE DONE IT ...

< FOUND THIS - SO IM GOING TO TRY REMOVING THE COVER AND SEE IF I CAN SWITCH ADJUSTER? ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES??? http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...o-seat-bolster-(guide)&highlight=Recaro+seats

Attachments

• IMG_6874.JPG
    IMG_6874.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6876.JPG
    IMG_6876.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi from buying My Ep3 i noticed my drivers seat was a little worn and had the thought of swapping my seats over but totally unsure... I spoke to a Friend who had swapped out his Black type R seats for a set of The Red Recaro seats, He said its minor and can be done..So last week Tuesday me & mate tried it - Took about 1hr 30mins once i know what was doing & worked out what was needed to switch them?Simple process remove plastic casing & unscrew the Four Bolts - < Driver's side - Disconnect the drivers seat warning sensor UNDER-SEAT > Hold down Brown plastic to release. Take seat out. REPEAT FOR PASSENGER SEAT . now the Tricky bit? Look under seat on side rail for Two Golden bolts. undue the two bolts and ull find seat runner assembly will now come apart once down swap over for other seat & re fit. by doing this will switch the seat holder etc...ONLY THING WAS THE SEAT ADJUSTER WAS ON THE LEFT/INSIDE OF THE SEATS// IT'S NOW ONE OUTSIDE/RIGHT OF THE SEAT...BUT IS STILL ASSESSABLE AND NO REAL PROBLEM - THE DESIGN OF THE SEAT & DOOR TRIM MEANS YOU CAN STILL USE IT...OUSHHHHHH!! MINOR REALLY FOR HAVING THE SEAT'S SWITCHED OVER ??" IM LOOKING INTO NOW IS MAYBE CORRECTING THAT AND HAVING THEM BACK ON THE INSIDE/LEFT OF THE SEAT? THINK THEY CAN BE SWAPPED OVER? STILL SEARCHING THE NET TO FIND OUT. ''HOPE THAT HELPS AS IVE DONE IT ...< FOUND THIS - SO IM GOING TO TRY REMOVING THE COVER AND SEE IF I CAN SWITCH ADJUSTER? ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES??? http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...o-seat-bolster-(guide)&highlight=Recaro+seats
Prem seats should have the tilt-levers on both sides of the seat IIRC.

While were on the subject of seats I thought I'd hijack this thread, do seats from a ITR DC5 fit into an EP3 CTR?
Is there anything that is required or are these a straight swap?
The reason I ask is I may have a chance of getting some at a reasonable price but not sure what the owner is doing yet as he is contemplating getting different seats for his.

DC5 Recaro's will fit into an EP3 but you will need a longer bolt and a spacer for the hole in the floor next to the handbrake at the rear.

DC5 Recaro's will not fit onto the EP3 rails so if you do get them make sure they come with the DC5 rails and then all you need is the longer bolt and spacer per seat.

Back