• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cant get the Stereo Facia out

Can anyone tell me how i can get the stock stereo facia out??

i seem to have take all the skin off the back of my hands trying

where to start to be honest. cant find the holding screws unless they are the ones you get to through the glove compartment

First you need to take out the lower piece of the console. Put the car into 3rd gear and grab the console through the bottom of the rubber gear gaiter and pull it out. Then unclip the top right corner, then the top left, this one is tricky and you need to be carefull to to stress the plastic. Once you unclipped that undo the fag light and hazard light wiring plugs and turn the lower console round 180 degrees and let it dangle.

Now you can see inside and should be to see the metal frame that behind the main console, at the bottom it splits into a kind of upside down Y shape, at either side you should be able to see the screws?? (the screw heads face either side of the car. :wink:

Once you've slackened (don't need to come out, there's also a black cable that clipped inbetween these, you'll need to undo that) there are 2 phillips screws at the front just under the console on a metal 'bar' that 'll need to be undone. Then the whole console can be pulled out, bottom first. Then just undo all the multiplugs off that back (they're all different so don't worry about mixing them up). Done. refitting is just the reverse. :wink:

Back