• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

can't identify aftermarket suspension

Hi All,
I purchased my car with an aftermarket suspension but I cannot figure out what it is as I cannot see any obvious labels. I do however have one sticker. Does any one know what suspension I have? I initially had a gut feeling it was a spoon n1 but I cannot see the spoon writing as it is too far up if there is one and I cannot see the cog for adjusting the suspension.

IMAG0140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not too much to go on there. As Hasnic says, take the wheel off as it'll reveal much more. Also is there anything to note around the top mount?

Clicking on the pic expands it... reminds me of Mugen Showa... but can't be sure - if so, that would be consistent with the lack of adjustability; Mugen Showa are fit and forget.

Mind you, Mugen Showa are silver actually.

Okay, so I've done some searching - they look like OEM dampers... are you sure the springs are aftermarket? Spoon Springs are blue BTW.. Those definitely appear to be OEM dampers though. Here's a pic of OEM dampers, with aftermarket springs:
3410181393_2a0ca8f0b2.jpg

That's an OEM damper. Might not even have aftermarket springs. Guessing you bought it and the seller told you it had "different suspension"?

Need a picture fo the actual car to see if it sits any lower at all, and also removing the wheel to have a better look would help (5 minute task).

no no...its lower than standard. It might just be the springs. I have two mates with ep3 totally standard but mine is defo lower.

Back