• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Been In for Service

Do you think these prices are right !

3rd Service £180

The garage called me and said that it needed front brakes, discs and pads ast here was only 5% remaining.

£187

now I thought that the discs should have lasted longer than 34,000 miles.

another thing i complained about was that the it was difficult to change gear when cold, they have told me that the clutch also needs replacing (under warranty) again surely this should have also lasted longer.

Comments please.

Your driving style will dictate how long consumables will last.

Brakes/discs/pads/clutches etc are all "Killed in Action" and obviously the amount of action you give them tells them how long they live!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

you reckon you should get more than 34k from front discs :?:

i reckon you done ok if youre kinda heavy on the gas & brakes or been dragging the suckah :twisted:

dont really rag it all over :D

I do realise that these things do wear out, just didn't thinit would be this quick

Ray Swinner said:
you reckon you should get more than 34k from front discs :?:

i reckon you done ok if youre kinda heavy on the gas & brakes or been dragging the suckah :twisted:

Serious? 25k for me, repeated 3 times over. It really does depend on driving style, but this is a performance hatch after all. It goes quite fast :)

Back