• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car feels jumpy/jerky at low speed???

ive only driven my own ctr. .. so i am not sure if this is a problem or just normal. . . .

when at low speeds if i let go of the accelerator the car sort of jumps/shakes a little :confused:

took back to Honda and they said the throttle body valve was to tight. . something like that anyway! and that its fixed. . but its still the same lol

i think i get this but haven't really thought anything of it
i get it worse when the car is cold

Mine tends to lerch a bit, not like kangarooing, but just feels like the accelerator is very sensitive.

Am I right in thinking its a cable throttle and not electronic/fly by wire?

I had fbw on my previous car, RS Clio 172. Very smooth power delivery.

hmm i see...yeah its not a major issue to be honest, long as it don't get whorse :)

the car just lightly jerks forward n back once or twice when i let go of the pedal. . strange but its acceptable i guess

and yes the pedal is very sensitive lol especially for me as my last car had a very heavy pedal :eek:

Also get the same thing on my facelift

I got a solution for ya.

Leave a big gap and then just nail it and then brake hard = no more low speed problems :);)

hmmm i see. . . but lately ive been driving my car a lot and its been annoying!! yet i can bear it i guess!

il be rolling along slowly in 1st gear in traffic and it will jerk forward and back a little, even if i press it lightly, unless i floor it lol! and also when i let go of the pedal for gear changing :eek:

hmmm i see. . . but lately ive been driving my car a lot and its been annoying!! yet i can bear it i guess!

il be rolling along slowly in 1st gear in traffic and it will jerk forward and back a little, even if i press it lightly, unless i floor it lol! and also when i let go of the pedal for gear changing :eek:
Yep, its a characteristic of a lighter flywheel.

i guess i will just keep a eye on it, long as it don't get worse or anything :)

is their any other quick fix besides flooring it lol that i could do to cure this or a mod or anything??

I rarely use first, only to get the car out the drive. From then on, it`s pulling away from junctions in second. The car won`t judder either :D

i guess i will just keep a eye on it, long as it don't get worse or anything :)

is their any other quick fix besides flooring it lol that i could do to cure this or a mod or anything??
heavier flywheel. ive got a lighter one on my prefacelift. have my old one if you want lol

Back