• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car feels jumpy/jerky at low speed???

Sorry to revive the old thread, my pre-facelift one does exactly the same. Unless the previous owner has fitted a lighter flywheel, I'd say it'd rule that out!

Seems more likely to be a TPS issue or throttle cable needs a little greasing :)

I'll give both a whirl and let you know!

wow I posted this issue when I first got the car :lol:
3 years later and I guess I have gotten used to it now lol!!!

I tried adjusting and checking the throttle cable few years back, but its fine and have done 20k miles since, so im pretty sure its just a characteristic of the CTR as many other users experience it mate, its mainly in 1st gear, I rarely use that gear now, in traffic just stick to 2nd and its fine :D but yeah let us know how it goes :)

So glad im not the only one that has this issue, was almost afraid to look it up incase it became expensive! haha!!

I would have thought it might have been the clutch seeking! My old car had that problem as it used to jerk when i pulled away - I'd say get your clutch look at / tightened a bit

i noticed this alot more when i fitted my new engine with a facelift flywheel in my pre-facelift,

but knew it was just the flywheel :)

Back