• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car got broken into!!!

Sunday night, 4 others got done in the same complex. They smashed the passenger window, rear quarter and back window. Ripped out the centre console for the aftermarket HU but didnt have the face anyway!!! Broke the glovebox open. Gutted to say the least. Rang honda today to get prices for glove box and centre console (i've got the original stereo so only need the surround with heater controls on) but they need the chassis number and the cars having the glass replaced.

Anybody got an idea how much this will cost??

:shock: :( Gutted for you.

Why smash 3 windows to get into the car?

Sorry mate, but not gonna be cheap.

I think the big part of the console is £80 then you'll need the bottom piece which holds the cds (if thats damaged of course)

have u checked the silver inserts of the door handles and the door card as when mine got broken into this also got scratched

They smashed 3 windows I guess due to the deadlocks doing their job!?!? They dont seem such a good idea now!

There are some scratches on the dashboard, but I can live with them if I can get the surround and glovebox for less than the insurance excess fee (as at the mo Ive only paid a minimal excess fee for the windows and this wont effect the NCB) . If it starts to get close to that, or I get it back this afternoon and realise theres more damage than originally seen then I will just stump up the excess and get a whole new dashboard, door inserts etc etc etc put in.

Theyve caught them and the police have the stereo and console unit but I cant see as its 'evidence'. Was told it could be kept until the court case, but he would see if they could get it back to me sooner - but at this moment I dont know what condition its in and whether it will go back in. Just trying to go off worst case scenario whilst i've still got the opportunity to do so.

I assume the alarm was activated? :?

Sorry to hear the bad news fella - in a residential complex you would expect the alarm to be a significant deterrent. :(

Yeah - although I never heard it go off. Quite glad really. If I would of got my hands on them I would have killed them and then I would be in all sorts of s**t. There were 2 eye witnesses and thanks to them i've got some stuff back that was in the boot.

To be honest i've been relatively calm - this missus cant quite believe how calm!!, I just want to get it sorted out now and forget about it.

Back