• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car has badly understeered..

Hi guys, a quick advice is appreciated, in the last few days, I've done few things to my ep3, I took the aftermarket coilovers and put back the oem shocks with eibach spring all round, at the same time, I changed the tie rods up front because those old one were pretty worn also new drop links, Put car back on the road other day for quick test drive, the steering was unbelievable bad...can't even go straight! I think I mess up the toes while I've changed the tie rods! And the car seriously need alignment done before I can properly drive it...
Any advice will be appreciated, my plan is go local kwik fit which is near to me they have hunter for the alignment

Cheers
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you said mate once it's alligned everything should be ok. Even small changes or tiny imbalances can completely wreck a cars set up and drivability.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

As you said mate once it's alligned everything should be ok. Even small changes or tiny imbalances can completely wreck a cars set up and drivability.

Hope it back to normal as I need the car during the Easter holiday hehe.. oh by the way the TB was sent to you mate, hope you could receive it in couple of days time..

Hope it back to normal as I need the car during the Easter holiday hehe.. oh by the way the TB was sent to you mate, hope you could receive it in couple of days time..

I'm sure it'll be fine. Mine felt shocking after i put my coilovers on even though by eye it looked well set up. After being alligned properly it drove perfect.

Also cheers mate I'll message you once I've got it.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Mine felt shocking after i put my coilovers on even though by eye it looked well set up. After being alligned properly it drove perfect.

Also cheers mate I'll message you once I've got it.

Will get booked as soon as I can, thanks tom

If you are in the North west go to Grinspeed in Leyland for a setup, not sure I would let Kwik fit loose on my ep3.

If you are in the North west go to Grinspeed in Leyland for a setup, not sure I would let Kwik fit loose on my ep3.

Hi, all the good reputation garages all seems all in the north. I would said all those garages around where I live are craps.. but for the car which isn't suitable for long drive, I have no other choice :-( kwik fit was pretty crap, last time I bought my wife's Honda stream for them to looked at brake pedal feels spongy, couldn't fault the problem out just waste my time, after that, I've just recheck and it was the callipers fitted wrong way round the nipple facing down cause the air wouldn't be blended out completely..
But I hope they doing alright this time isn't any inspection, just a 4 wheel alignment is what they good at I suppose lol..

Maybe Dream Automotive in Herts? There's also TDI South in Thurrock, or a trip to APT in Norfolk.

I went to kwitfit, and done the 4 wheel now, rear left corner has frozen nut on for toe not been adjusted, other three corner had completely readjusted. Car drives back to normal now..

38d4d256423c808d6918e236e64bd051.jpg
6661798d55a57103eb67666d278df34f.jpg

937fe31433c4549b107ae98dd5ea0a5c.jpg

My custom made header and 3" cat back by solid fab

Last edited by a moderator:
Back