• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car in need of service all oils/fluids changed! advice for best!!

Got an ep3 civic type r with just under 96k on the clock. Cracking car looking to get the car fully serviced with some good engine and gearbox oils , brake fluids, spark plugs, ignition leads

Also just a question are they magnetic plugs for both sump and gearbox plug? Worth the money to preserve both engine an gearbox??

What oils & fluids would you all recommend??

Thanks for help

Gearbox: Honda MTF
Engine: Mobil1 new life 0w-40 or castrol edge same grade
And get OEM oil filter, no need for magnetic plug

Thanks mate have you heard anything about the magnetic sump plugs it something I have been curious as to whether they actually work or not??

Just let your oil filter to do his job and clean oil from debris. I saw few times debris come off from magnetic plug and went in big piece to engine and scrapen the bearings etc etc...

Thanks very much for the info I was just looking to keep debris floating around in amongsst the engine workings but will take your advice an let the filter do its job:) thanks very much for the recommendation is well noted :)

Dont forget to get OEM (not hamp filter) as it has superb filtration material and it is desinged to run in extreme conditions.

I need to get them from honda I take it mate yeah? I'm looking to chanmge all filtters possible fuel filter and oil filter answell as induction to make car run sweetly! What spark plugs would you recommend I've heard hks iridiums are meant to be brilliant! But never used them before

For fuel and oil filter go OEM Honda, sparks NGK iridium. For air filter i found that Mahle (in some market knecht) are as OEM but 3x cheaper

Brilliant thanks mate that's a magic help! Will defo be getting involved with oem filters if they are rated better than any aftermarket ones! My uncle had advised me that way but looking for other opinions from likeminded owners striving for best in there type r.

Dont forget to get OEM (not hamp filter) as it has superb filtration material and it is desinged to run in extreme conditions.

Nothing wrong with Hamp filters.

HAMP filters are very high quality oil filters and a favourite of Honda owners. Our HAMP filters are imported from Japan and are suitable for most Hondas, with the exception of diesel and NSX models.

HAMP stands for Honda After-Market Parts and are manufactured by Honda.
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-1491-hamp-synergy-oil-filters.aspx

Ao you both I'm just looking around to see what beat way of keeping car performing well is! Is a cracking car an want the best performance I can have to preserve the engine an keep it all tickity boo I'll be a happy EP3 owner :)

2 Loxy: Im with you on that but for example, take apart a genuine Honda oil filter and you'll find 60% more paper than the leading competitive oil filters. I believe that is around 20-30% more then HAMP filter

I have not long serviced mine I only bought it in June so gave it a big service to make sure it was good quality stuff used, I used Ngk irdium plugs (as recommended by Honda it's in the book) Hamp oil filter this is my third type r and I find them good no problems, forte advanced engine flush, Castrol edge 0-40 fully, Motul inugel coolant, motul clutch and brake fluid and genuine Honda mtf 3 gearbox oil also brembo discs and pads front and rear. My car now feels more responsive, quieter and smoother, I'm happy with it. Just got to take my time till the brakes bed in.:D

I used NGK platinum lazer in mine, the manual says to either use these (NGK IFR7G-11KS) or the alternative in the manual is (DENSO SK22PR-M11S).
I've always stuck with the NGK's for mine they are supposed to be good for 70k too although I change mine sooner. Expect to pay £10 plus per plug.

Back