• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Car mag comparison...

G

A veritable chap
In the latest issue between the new STI (well it is a hatch now), and the new UK Type R. Driven over the usual Car haunts some lovely twisty B roads in wales, arguably as the magazine puts it the Scoobies home ground....

Have to say the Civic did very well, very well indeed ;) :D. Do not want to spoil but it is worth a read so go check it out :D

I was pleasantly surprised to see the civic being found to be the more enjoyable car. Having recently changed from an impreza saloon (albeit the somewhat atypical 415bhp mk 2 type 25) to civic saloon (an FD2 type R), I find that despite the obvious acceleration differences the type R rewards much more and constantly surprises with how compentant it is carrying speed making everyday journeys probably just as quick as the heavier and much more thirsty impreza. I originally anticipated the change as a huge step down from a car costing nearly twice as much but in reality it is more of a sideways step and no regrets so far particularly with the running cost savings.

I have never driven either the new FN2 or STI hatch, but I guess that some of the television reviews (top gear and 5th gear) for the type R could be taken with a pinch of salt since in the face of generally good reaction to the new STI performance capabilities car magazine still finds the civic a more enjoyable prospect.

Well having driven the new STi and the new CTR I can't see how they cacn say the CTR is better.

Admittedly the interior of the STi is still a bit drab, but the performance on the road is explosive and incomparable to the type r.

Just my thoughts of course.

The class of theese cars still different, does't metter that Subaru Impreza is Hach now :)
It all depend what is located between the wheel and driving seat ;)

Back