• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Car mount for Nexus 7.

I'm trying to find a suitable mount for the above. I'm not keen on windscreen mounts. I've tried suction things and mats and they don't work well.

I've seen a Provent mount on EBay that slots into an air vent similar to those on a DC5.

Has anyone tried the above with success. Feedback would be appreciated. Pics would be a bonus.

Regards. Granty.

From Granty's Nexus 7.

I would have thought the Nexus 7 would be on the heavy side for a vent syle mount?

I would have thought the Nexus 7 would be on the heavy side for a vent syle mount?

Hi.

It has some little feet that rest on the dashboard. I agree, it would need to a firm.

I've seen one now that fastens into the CD slot. Its very similar to the vent fitting.

Regards. Granty.

From Granty's Nexus 7.

I've often thought about using my Nexus 7 as an in car head unit/sat nav but it's probably too much hassle. My Nexus 4 does my nav just fine (Google nav is fantastic for free!) and my double DIN does a good job of the music side of life.

Hi.

Problem overcome. Going to use my Nexus 4 with a Mountek cd slot mount. Got the Nexus just need the mount which is on its way from the States.

Regards. Granty.

Hi.

Mount arrived and tried. Works a treat and its not to obstructive with the Nexus 4. Easy to get to the heater controls and especially when in landscape. I've got a remote for the radio, so that's solved a minor problem.

Regards and thanks. Granty.

Hi

That's how it looks. It seems OK. Sat nav works a treat.uploadfromtaptalk1365610293293.jpguploadfromtaptalk1365610312181.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Regards.

Back