• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car needs to gleam ?

Hi all i regularly clean my car and always try to keep it looking tip top, i use the right car shampoos 2 bucket method etc, but lately just seems to be looking a tad un loved, its in need of a full wax now i usually use autoglym but im finding it a tad useless. I wax my carbon bonet with it every weekend you see, just wondering what the best stuff is to use on my car all over to make it gleam and for a prolonged time any ideas ?

Hi all i regularly clean my car and always try to keep it looking tip top, i use the right car shampoos 2 bucket method etc, but lately just seems to be looking a tad un loved, its in need of a full wax now i usually use autoglym but im finding it a tad useless. I wax my carbon bonet with it every weekend you see, just wondering what the best stuff is to use on my car all over to make it gleam and for a prolonged time any ideas ?

Which autoglym product did you use?

Can't go wrong with poorboys EX-P sealent!!

I have yet to give my civic full treatment

When I do it will be

Snowfoam, wash, dry, go over with my da polisher, wash, dry, autoglym super resin polish, autoglym he wax, ex-p

I did it not long ago to my astra, beaded bird mess let alone water!

Put the sealant under the wax Chris. Also, when your using your DA, what polish are you using? It seems like your polishing twice there, once by machine and then once by hand.... You can use your SRP with your DA for much quicker results

Bring it to me :D

Are you working by hand or machine?

Put the sealant under the wax Chris. Also, when your using your DA, what polish are you using? It seems like your polishing twice there, once by machine and then once by hand.... You can use your SRP with your DA for much quicker results

I have a kestrel das6-pro with megs gear, will give the srp a go with the da :)

Was never sure which way to do wax and sealant though, just guessed sealant last to seal it in

Will give it all a try so its ready for winter

If you have the DAS 6 Pro and megs polishes, stick with them as the SRP dries out quick to be honest and dusts up, the megs are far more suited for the task at hand (so just miss out the SRP stage)
As winter is coming, if you do get chance to give the car a once over with the DA, give it a couple of layers of sealant, to ensure perfect coverage and then 2 layers of wax on top..... Then sit back and relax with peace of mind ;)

I normally clay bar my car ready for winter, is it still needed if I DA it?

Will give it a full day clean so its spotless shortly

If the surface 'feels' rough then clay it, if it feels silky smooth, then you won't need to generally. If there is any fallout on your car though, claying is best, rather than DA'ing as some fallout can be in the form of metal contaminants or other harsh particles, which can induce swirls with your DA.
A good product to get that you can use on wheels and paint , is Iron X, it turns purple when in contact with any metal contaminants, first time you use it, it's surprising where you find the debris on your paint.... Just an addition, prior to claying ;)

Back