• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car seems sluggish and loud under acceleration

The car still accelerates fine at peak rpm, and sounds 'raspy' loud however if you open throttle in low rpm in any gear i can hear a horrible boy racer type sound coming from underneath me and car feels sluggish until vtec engages.

What could this be? From the sounds I think exhaust however the garage states everything is fine and can see no leaks. Is there a way to test this using equipment?

** last week - The lambda sensor after cat was throwing up a light on the dash, but after replacing it the eml has turned off.

Could a new exhaust system eliminate this sluggish problem considering car is on it's original exhaust since 2002 although there is minimal rust. Does it affect performance?

What causes sluggishness? Apart from exhaust leaks. Fuel regulator? Fuel filter? Or something in airbox/air filter?

Just added iridium spark plugs, helix ultra 5w40, hamp short filter.

Hit me up with what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a similar issue with my dc5 type R and it happened to be a clogged catalytic converter, I had it replaced with a test pipe and the itr came to life.

I think it could well be the cat. Not bad suggestion.

I already use v-power fuel, I notice a difference in performance although it isn't the problem at hand

Also if I fit a test pipe, will my eml come on? What are the downsides to a test pipe? It's just a decat right?

Ye, get them done, will cost you about £90 to £100 from dealers or cheaper else where , take it to someone you trust as they need to be done correct and when engine is stone cold . Hope this has helped.

Back