• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car splutters then engine warning light

Evening all driving along with fuel light on when my ep3 spluttered. I thought oh **** running out of fuel but the ecu light came on? Thought it could be to do with low fuel level and crap in the throttle body because the engine started idling at 500 revs but has gone more towards 1k?

Vtec is still working fine and doesn't feel or sound any different any thoughts of what it could be before I attempt to read the code?

Thanks

Maybe if it was running out of fuel it read low fuel pressure if the pump started pulling air on a bend or something? Just a guess.

Best to get the code read, it's the only way to know really.

Hmm yeh well ive got to drive down to cornwall at 5am tomorrow mornning from Bristol (around 180 miles) would it be ok for that journey then check it once I got there?

It depends what's caused it! :lol:

Is the light still on now you've filled up? If it is pull fuse number 6 under the bonnet for 10 seconds or so to reset the ECU. Take it for a bit of a drive and if it doesn't come back on I'd say you are OK.

Still get the code read when you get down there though.

No worries. Make sure you still get the code read, you never know something could be lurking.

It depends what's caused it! :lol:

Is the light still on now you've filled up? If it is pull fuse number 6 under the bonnet for 10 seconds or so to reset the ECU. Take it for a bit of a drive and if it doesn't come back on I'd say you are OK.

Still get the code read when you get down there though.

Thanks for that tip Loxy. My light came on today for no reason what so ever so a quick search on the forum and I find this thread. Did as you suggested by removing fuse 6 for 10 seconds, replaced and the light has gone out. Will keep an eye on it and hope it does not come on again.

Back