• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car starts, Car doesn't start.

Hi Everyone

Got a slight annoying problem with the EP3 R, car will start fine but every now and again I will unlock it go to start it and nothing. When it does this I lock it leave it 20 mins then go back and it starts??? Anyone had this problem or any ideas what the problem maybe as it is quiet annoying.

Cheers Chris

Hi, I replaced the battery back in April, had the alarm circuit board repaired and new key fobs done by Hamilton and Palmer, had starter motor replaced in November. When I turn the key I get everything happening as if it would when starting just doesn't turn over.

Get the alternator checked, pulley or something could be gone causing the alternator to not charge the battery.
Check the starter motor too.

Hi

Already changed the battery and starter motor, nothing wrong with battery charge or no power as when you turn the key everything does as it it should it just doesn't crank over. Leave it 15-20 mins and it will start fine then no problems for a while.

Back