• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car turning over but won't start up without me revving it??

Hello wondered if anyone could advise or have any suggestions to what could be wrong, I go to start my ep3 up and won't turn over unless I rev it and will just cut out when I come to a stand still, it's not all the time, had it diagnosed and nothing came up on computer for faults. Any ideas?? plus asif this isn't enough I'm struggling to get him into first gear but not the clutch as hasbeen done :eek::eek::(:eek::(:(

Sounds like bad luck atm :( Does it struggle to idle or have a misfire on idle? How long ago was rhe clutch done?

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!

Yeah it does and sounds really quite then cuts out :/. The clutch was done 5000 miles ago prior to me buying it had the gearbox oil changed and clutchfluid but still hasn't made a difference, yeah yr right this car has done nothing but cost me so far...... :(:(

The cutting out could be a few things. Idle control valve is a usual suspect but that's normally when it's warm and off choke/fast idle. The usual fix is to take it off give it a clean out.

It could be the throttle body sticking or a dodgy thermostat. I say thermostat because the ECU might be getting a signal that the car is warm when it's not, so it's trying and failing to idle at 800 rpm when cold.

Yeah it's weird as was fine yesterday evening , he is going in my mates garage tomorrow so will get them to check what u said... And let u know. The clutch was done 5000 miles ago December 2012. Someone told me to change gearbox oil which we did and just aswell as was black but thinking it's a gear box fault as only 1st and no noise from it or grinding sound

Back