• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car won’t start

So last night, as I pulled in to start parking my EPS and ABS lights both came on out of nowhere. Then as I tried to actually park the car just died and wouldn’t come back on, pushed it in left it overnight now whenever I turn the key the lights all flash inside, it sounds as if it’s about to start but just won’t. Checked fuses they seemed ok but not sure what else could be, any help?

So last night, as I pulled in to start parking my EPS and ABS lights both came on out of nowhere. Then as I tried to actually park the car just died and wouldn’t come back on, pushed it in left it overnight now whenever I turn the key the lights all flash inside, it sounds as if it’s about to start but just won’t. Checked fuses they seemed ok but not sure what else could be, any help?
Either battery dead (alternator not alternating) or immobiliser fault would be my guess.

Check battery voltage 1st port of call. Should be 12.4 or higher

Either battery dead (alternator not alternating) or immobiliser fault would be my guess.

Check battery voltage 1st port of call. Should be 12.4 or higher
Yeah it was the alternator I’ve ordered a new one and I’m gonna attempt to replace it later today when it arrives

Back