• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car won't start any help?

As the title says car won't start. went out tonight it started but revs were well under 1000rpm so I just turned it off left it for 10mins came back and it won't start at all, it turns over but that's it and battery is sitting at 11.6volts if that makes a difference. I don't have a clue what it should be at when trying to start it but it drops right down to like 9volts while turning over.

I was out in the car earlier and it all seemed fine, I do think its a bit jumpy than normal and I had booked it in to get the tps sensor etc checked while it is in for a checkover.

Its a Honda civic ep3.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember if it was my Ep3 but i forgot to full shut the bonnet and it wouldn't start. could be that but it's a long shot.

have you done the ECU fuse 6 reset procedure. That usually solves my problems with low revs and dropping at traffic lights.

Going to try get it started with some jump leads see if that does the job. Whats the fuse 6 reset procedure? is that just clearing the eml? I have a scan gauge and clicked clear all codes and reset but still not had it started since but I had recently just got a new throttle body on and it was fine then one night it was reving like mad as if a pipe was loose or sensor and that's why I booked it in this week then now it wont start.

got it started. jumped it and it went and went a good drive and voltage is at 14 so its not alternator so must be the battery.

I had a bit of a problem with my headlights a few week ago. ive changed them to facelift ones but been fine for over a year or so but my hibeam light on dash started coming on when lights wern't on and I left my lights on while sitting in a mcds carpark with car off by mistake and battery was dead so I think with it being cold its done the battery in.

Its going in to automek on thursday anyway so see what they come up with.

cheers for replys though.

Maybe just a battery issue. Ensure all wiring is clean and tidy and connection secure.

Changing the battery tomorrow. Been running fine this week but on start up I noticed it isn't reving as high for first 5 to 10secs. So that's why I think it may need tps sensor etc.

Hopfully get to bottom of it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back