• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car won't start!!

Evening people,
My engine management light has been on for a week or so ive had it on the scanner and it came up with camshaft sensor A (inlet bank) i hadnt got it replaced by this point as was freeing up some money to get one. I got in my car Thursday evening turned the key and it wouldn't start! (After driving there fine a few hours earlier) It normally fires up 1st time everytime without fail, so my bro came to out to rescue me, the fuel was low (not empty) so clutching at straws I went and got a can and put it in, no difference, tried bump starting it but wouldn't have it just kinda murmured at me, we checked the fuel to the rail that was ok checked the spark, that was ok. So it had to stay the night in the car park, after towing it home, I ordered a camshaft sensor to eliminate this, fitted it this evening and it still won't start! A compression test has been done which is all ok, the top end timing seems to be ok also. We've rechecked the spark and there's Deffinately fuel to it and a good spark. Does anyone know if the immobiliser would stop the car turning over if it was still somehow armed? Or does it still turn over but stops it somehow else? Any other ideas would b very appriciated, my bro will hopefully be checking the bottom end timing tmrw as its a bit dark now!
Thanks Matt

Along side this, does anybody have a pic of or know the timing marks for bottom end?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the ECU needs resetting to clear the error? ECU might still think the EML is on? I'm just guessing though, hopefully someone else with more knowledge will be able to advise shortly. Scott

Back